Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice needed

WCF

Help Support WCF:

If you don't have enough pressure, fans will effectively act as pencils, need a bit more to have the fan effect, as for better rinsing, well that will be debated for aeons, you may have better control with pencils but is rarely significant, but it sounds like a better job with fans if that helps :dodgy:

Im not keen on jets but each to there own I think you have more control with pencils, not sure if there is any difference in water consumption??? Anybody know

It means the water sits on the like a sheet and doesn't run rite off the window think they are called hydrophobic not 100% sure

I believe there's two types of glass- hydrophilic,water loving, and hydrophobic.Water runs off 1 type in sheets of water, the other it runs off all over the place and breaks up into individual runs.Can't recall which type is hydrophobic glass.

fans, need a higher pressure, you know it is at the right pressure when on the glass it makes a stupid noise, it uses less water over all, as the hole is smaller for it to get out

a lot prefer pencils as they fell they rinse quicker, but fans are good when use to them try them on the extreme wide

I use pencils now. No particular reason other than the brush I bought had them. Had a brush with fans for best part of 3 years. Don't know if I have a preference, fans might just edge if for no other reason than it might use a bit less water and I like the sound:D

Latest Posts

Back