Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

The War Is Won!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

For the last three years of having my current van, I have been plagued with high pitched squeak. Not a normal ‘van’ noise, but like a slightly lower pitched mouse, constantly squeaking away. I was for sure it was something rubbing against the bulkhead. I knew it wasn’t any part of the van itself, and was pretty sure it wasn’t the installed equipment. It was something I was carrying. However, it would come and go. Because of this, I could never isolate it.

This week, it returned. And I knew it was time. I would win this war. I reorganised. I removed things. I was convinced it was my stepladders. But to no avail. In my desperation, my need for resolution, I started grabbing randomly. Equipment I knew for sure couldn’t be causing it. Ohh how wrong I was.

The Supermax. I knew it only just fitted into my short wheelbase van. What I didn’t realise was, if I left a brush on, when closed the van door would compress it against the bulkhead. In this position, the plastic endcap had just enough pressure. Not too much that it wouldn’t move or break the pole. No, just enough to rub and, to my insanity, squeak. If I removed the brush, all was rosy. And since I could go a month without using the Supermax, it wouldn’t always be in that position.

One microfibre cloth layer, I finally have peace. I can rest, sleep sound in the knowledge the war is, finally, over. Ohh wait, what’s that rattle…..

Last edited:
With all our equipment there’s always weird sounds with it all moving around. Try having 4 sets of ladders on your roof rack throughout the summer months and you’ll be sure there’s a mouse in the house?
Ugh! My mate had a roof rack on his Expert and it drove my insane with the whistling. It’s why I’ve avoided putting any on mine, despite having a set sitting in the garage ?

Latest Posts

Back