Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

pure freedom hose reel

WCF

Help Support WCF:

joe34

I got myself a pure freedom hose and reel 100 metres of hose.it cost me just shy of 200 quid thing is when winding the hose back on to reel its bloody hard to get the whole lot back on without it going down the side and getting caught up it seems the sides of the reel should be bigger to contain all the hose does anyone else have this hose/reel and have this problem?

Yeah - I often recommend pure freedom on here but that exact issue is probably the one thing that I can think of that winds me up a bit - scuse the pun. Think I've got the same hide reel as you.

It gets caught up the sides when pulling it out for me (especially if I have to temporarily stop)

For reeling in just keep it tight as poss.

Lastly, I clearly remember my reel havin a frickin devil mind during the first 1-2 weeks after purchase but it settles down after awhile. It actually says that in the notes that come with it - but slightly different choice of words /emoticons/smile.png

I find my hose on the reel does freekin loop the loop in the warmer weather and when pulling it out I just know it's come off the reel when it snags. Grr grr grr

It's a pain as probably like yourself I'm in and out of the van all day long winding and unwinding the hose.

I was going to get two of them but I'm glad I held back ,do you know of any other makes through experience what does good reels ?

yeh its a **** !!!!

take your eye off it and its slips over edge

duncs tip off the night

when it goes over the edge

dont try and put it back on ree,

lts easier to pull it off first gradually

then wind back on

when you have mastered your hose

parking in best plc

pulling your hose in easiest places

watching for plants fluken roses worst

gates

hose kinking

it just makes your graft easier

Post which reel it is.Is it the solid sided one?

Sometimes it gets that tangled, I have to disconnect it all and feed it through. How it can do this when wound in 1 direction. Makes me so cross.

I use 8mm. Ill try 6mm next, if they are better

i will take photo tomorrow got two on van one is pure freedom quite heavy to reel in

the other is from wintecs really light open sides reels in quick

both have same problem off slipping over edge

see the end off your hose i,m using the hoselock these are working great for me straught fitting no connections being plastic no leaks lasts ages

I've the pure freedom one also, fairly new to it all myself. I use one hand to wind in, run the hose through the other hand guiding it back onto the reel choosing where you want the hose to go so you can fit it all on. Admittedly it could do with a little less hose on there but this method seems to do the trick.

Latest Posts

Back