Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Think I May Need A Longer Ladder

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yep on the 2 sides you can operate it from but the other 2 sides you would not be able to use one due to restricted access.

Even the biggest cheery picker you could hire would not outreach far enough to be able to do it from the sides either.

Best option like I said before would be to scaffold those 2 sides but cost would proberbly work out more than hiring a chopper :Image13:

They don't have an option other than some numpty gutter clearing firm erect and keep struggling to moving a scaffold tower on uneven restricted ground.

And NO I will defo not be using a guttervac :Image13:
Serious question - why not? Wouldn't your high powered OmniPole GutterVac do the job?

They don't have an option other than some numpty gutter clearing firm erect and keep struggling to moving a scaffold tower on uneven restricted ground.
Hmm, that's how I would have done it.

If you can't use a GutterVac, then you would need a 'telescopic' cherry picker to get the reach, and they are pricey. I wouldn't go up a ladder to that height (my preference on safety and comfort grounds). I can see there being safe access working on the roof, so a mobile scaffold platform is the way to go. Maybe pay a young (cheap) strong lad to help you move the platform, and take away buckets of rubbish from the gutters as you lower them down (I have a bucket on a pulley).

Back