Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

This is clean

WCF

Help Support WCF:

We turned up to a regular window cleaning job this morning, the woman came out and said that she had had a professional pressure washing company clean the paths and patios this is the finished results ??? she described them using a small electric yellow pressure washer .
We now have another job to put in the diary ???

Attachments

• IMG_3335.jpeg
    IMG_3335.jpeg
    140.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_3334.jpeg
    IMG_3334.jpeg
    130.5 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
We turned up to a regular window cleaning job this morning, the woman came out and said that she had had a professional pressure washing company clean the oaths and patios this is the finished results ??? she described them using a small electric yellow pressure washer .
You’re very nasty.
@Part Timer tried his best ?‍♂️

We turned up to a regular window cleaning job this morning, the woman came out and said that she had had a professional pressure washing company clean the oaths and patios this is the finished results ??? she described them using a small electric yellow pressure washer .
We did a gutter clear, soffit and gutter clean and another 4 houses in the street while a couple of lads with a Karcher were also cleaning a front drive a few doors further on from the last house we cleaned. The drive is actually hard standing for 1 car.
They were very proud of their achievement and put up an advertising board, which was still there a week later. :rolleyes:

Nice sign written van, though, advertising their services on the side.

The same windows have spotted both times since, no other windows on the block do either. 1 legitimate complaint out of the 20,000+ windows we do for them every quarter. Ranked No1 contractor by them as well
Weird that how some windows behave like that

Oh dear. lol always gunna be plenty of cowboys giving us proper hard working guys a shitty name!!

I've seen a bloke on one of the facebook groups a couple of years ago uses a karcher and does a great job, but it was a more professional grade one (grey in colour I think). He was in London with quite limited access and only did small paths and patios etc. Obviously a proper pressure washing company would use a much more industrial machine and a lance or whirlaway. Don't do pressure washing myself, but years ago I worked with a German guy who was an absolute encyclopedia of knowledge with with all this type of equipment, and he always said that Nilfisk were far better than Karcher. Having used the Nilfisk equivalent of a couple of Karchers I think he was spot on.

It happens, this Summer I turned up to two regular window jobs, No#1 had new patio laid a few years ago with concrete pavers with a riven pattern the guy had almost completely removed the top surface off every slab, No#2 job didn't look better than when he started he was using a Karcher he was their Gardener but was probably doing on the fiddle as driving a battered old ford focus

It happens, this Summer I turned up to two regular window jobs, No#1 had new patio laid a few years ago with concrete pavers with a riven pattern the guy had almost completely removed the top surface off every slab, No#2 job didn't look better than when he started he was using a Karcher he was their Gardener but was probably doing on the fiddle as driving a battered old ford focus

The gardener who turns home handy man. Starts cutting the grass, then gets add ons. We have a large house in extensive grounds and this is exactly what happened.

Their maintenance guy who worked at the factory and also the owner's house, died of a heart attack, so the gardener has become the new maintenance guy. He had his 80 year old dad up on steps this summer painting a wooden gate.

The gardener who turns home handy man. Starts cutting the grass, then gets add ons. We have a large house in extensive grounds and this is exactly what happened.

Their maintenance guy who worked at the factory and also the owner's house, died of a heart attack, so the gardener has become the new maintenance guy. He had his 80 year old dad up on steps this summer painting a wooden gate.
Quite possibly this might happen, I was bit miffed that day I have cleaned their windows for years and not once been offered a drink and he was there drinking tea ?

Quite possibly this might happen, I was bit miffed that day I have cleaned their windows for years and not once been offered a drink and he was there drinking tea ?
Just spent two days installing fencing for a client. Lovely couple. No question on price. Very easy to please. Loved the job.

We worked in torrential rain. Thunder and lightning, The lot. Number of coffees offered? Zero. Husband even came out at one point and asked if we were having lunch soon. Here we go we thought. Bacon sandwiches on the way?. Nope. Nothing at all. ?

We have a rule when I’m with my labourer that day one on a new job if they don’t offer then we go without and then I bring the flasks from day two onwards.

:)
Same with this house we clean. She has 2 cleaners who come in every Friday. We also have to clean on a Friday every 4 weeks as she is home that day, and we have some internals windows to clean.
The cleaners get coffee, as does the gardener, but we are never offered any. When the gardener is there, and she isn't, he has a kettle and coffee in an outside shed to make himself coffee. We have cleaned this place for the last 8 years. The cleaners have changed, but the routine stays the same. Anyway, we take our own flasks.

:)
Same with this house we clean. She has 2 cleaners who come in every Friday. We also have to clean on a Friday every 4 weeks as she is home that day, and we have some internals windows to clean.
The cleaners get coffee, as does the gardener, but we are never offered any. When the gardener is there, and she isn't, he has a kettle and coffee in an outside shed to make himself coffee. We have cleaned this place for the last 8 years. The cleaners have changed, but the routine stays the same. Anyway, we take our own flasks.
Nearly every customer offers me a drink. That’s because I’m down south.
You northerners are notoriously unfriendly ??

Just spent two days installing fencing for a client. Lovely couple. No question on price. Very easy to please. Loved the job.

We worked in torrential rain. Thunder and lightning, The lot. Number of coffees offered? Zero. Husband even came out at one point and asked if we were having lunch soon. Here we go we thought. Bacon sandwiches on the way?. Nope. Nothing at all. ?

We have a rule when I’m with my labourer that day one on a new job if they don’t offer then we go without and then I bring the flasks from day two onwards.
I don't why I was a bit miffed to be honest I don't like tea.

That's shocking that they never offered you a cuppa, it's a given that any lads who work on our house get offered a drink be it hot or cold depending on the time of year, a plasterer we had a few times liked a herbal tea so he'd bring his own tea bags and make his own tea if we were out at work which we were happy for him to do as he was really nice fella

Latest Posts

Back