Thoughts on a second website for seperate service?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Jake, Jul 13, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Seen as its a rainy day I've been doing some business thinking...

I'm toying with the idea of a second website, under the same brand but for pressure washing...

Reason being, I enjoy pressure washing, and the money is always very good, and a great addition alongside window cleaning, particularly on rainy days etc...

My current website has a PW page on it, but I'm thinking a dedicated webby would bring in more work? And its more likely to rank higher when someone searches 'pressure washing (insert area here)' on Google..?

Njones yoill have the best advice, what do you think? Worth it?

Advertisement
  2. cheapncheerful

yep cheapie wants a second one...

dearngrumpy:rofl:

oh bugger we know who got that one....

actually it is a good point and cheapie is planning a second more up market site soon...

and yep pw in the rain another great idea to keep the money coming in..

mind you a pain on some driveways....

which were laid er..very dodgy....

must get a sucky thing...no comment norm.?:rofl:

3. MrBump

MrBump Guest

Personally I wouldn't dude, that means twice as much seo-ing, building up backlinks and rankings etc. That will take a while and you said you already have a high-ranking website so why not exploit that. Make the pressure washing more prominent on your home page, add a 10% (or whatever) offer off pressure washing at the top or something and just add more seo-ing tailered to pw on your current site. Will be much quicker. Also you have everyone who searches for your other services to market pw too while they are there. That said I will be interested to see what Njones says.

Why not do a pw only flyer, with some great before and after photos, like that awesome job you did on the roof, and go dropping them off, be good as you can target the houses you can see have a dirty driveway :thumbsup:

Ps. Did you know both of our business names start with Z :D

4. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Very good points Mr bump,

Just wasn't sure if it would be a big hit as people would be seeing a dedicated pressure washing webby, so more likely to click...

Good idea on the leaflets, although never been a fan of leaflet dropping, never seems to pay off....!

What's the business name? Pm me if you don't wanna share to everyone!

5. MrBump

MrBump Guest

#5 MrBump, Jul 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    You've got a window (ie. The summer) when people would want to do pw-ing I'm guessing, so in the time it takes to build up seo so flyers would get the word out quicker. Maybe long term it might be worth getting a second website on the go possibly, I do see some other businesses do it, personally I prefer one site rather than two, but what actually works long term I don't know. Will talk to my website mate later and wait to see what Njones says :D

6. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Very good!

Similar to mine!

7. MrBump

MrBump Guest

I did wonder if being at the end of the alphabet would be a bad thing, but you seem to be doing well so I guess not! :D I know we are in different areas, but do you think my pricing seems about right?

8. norm

norm Grand Master

:rof:

9. Jake

Jake Grand Master

I think your prices look very good, i think you have a strong brand with the 'plus' service, - defo push that, I think that makes you stand out, and that's what matters in window cleaning - very impressed actually!

Are you ranking high?

10. MrBump

MrBump Guest

Cool cheers for that. Hope its not too expensive (or cheap lol). Not ranking high if at all yet, only been sorting out my seo and so on for the past month lol. I'm aiming to be top 10 by xmas, but will take a while as I don't want to pay anything and there is ALOT of competition down here!! ;)

Got me thinking now, you should do a quick pw-only website and see how quickly you can get it to be top ranking, just for sheets and giggles :D

Advertisement