Threats

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by jimbob, Nov 17, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. jimbob

jimbob Well-Known Member

do any of you get threats off other window cleaners i get the odd phone call after ive put leaflets out telling me to stay off there patch. but recently been told by another window cleaner that someones after me because i stole 3 of his customers in an area that i dont even clean in just anoys me that people think they can tell you were you can and can't work

Advertisement
  2. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Theres always gonna be a few that think they own a patch so what can ya do, stand up to em or walk away? It's time they grew up and moved with the times.

3. CNS-southwest

CNS-southwest Grand Master

Tell him youll fight him for it.... Lol

4. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

I get where old school window cleaners do this, but ive come across a few modern(newish) window cleaners, who dont really care, and maybe even say hi to you and then get on with there work.

5. John B

John B Active Member

I had a situation once where the house opposite had builders working on it. They were talking and pointing my way. Then one of them came across and 'identified' me as the window cleaner who was having an affair with his wife (not the language he used but you can guess what he said), and that he was going to 'do me'.

I asked where he lived, and when he told me it transpired that I didn't work in his neighbourhood. Phew!

John

6. jimbob

jimbob Well-Known Member

ure lucky he came and said something first most the people were i come from punch first then ask questions.

7. Vince Green

Vince Green Active Member

If you ever do get any threats don't get involved but do report it to the police so that its on record. then if it does come to blows you have got your story straight from the beginning.

8. jimbob

jimbob Well-Known Member

ive been speaking to a couple of windys and theyve said thers a bloke going round in a silver van undercutting people and staeling work so this annoyed windy might think its me as ive got a silver van but mines all sign written now

9. CNS-southwest

Sounds like a case of mistaking you for someone else

10. CNS-southwest

How awkward if he has kids that look like you aswell ahahaha

Advertisement