Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

To clean? Or not to clean?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

The downsides are working in the winter which i actually don't mind but most don't enjoy itWorking when ill as you can't afford to get behind on your round

No holiday pay so have to plan it properly

Timewasters

Non payers

To be fair you don't get many

And that ***** who walks past and inevitably says "missed a bit" and you chuckle but secretly want to lamp him:rofl:

All that being said it can still be the best thing you could ever do if you want to make a go of it
I know the feeling from cleaning the car... "you'll polish it away" "you can do mine after" You've missed a bit" I think people know that it bugs people but thoroughly enjoy being a T***.

@Dolf112
The first mistake is the hardest to get past.

The first mistakeis coming up with every reason NOT to go out and get on it tomorrow.

Once that mistake is out the way you will make every other mistake in the book as we all did..... but we're still here.

In this game you will have massive highs and historic lows but that's part of the game.

Get out and get on with it mate cause of a bunch of mugs like us can do it so can you. :thumbsup:
It's that obvious I'm over analysing everything then? lol

Thanks for the encouragement.

I don't know about other windys but I know starting from nothing and borrowing to buy what you need to even start is harder when you got family kids who you need to support and partner nagging at ya cause it take time building a rounds that pays you spending money that you need to grow that should be going to family and it's only you and just you who feels in the long run all the b.s and hard times that you went through every month will be all worth it to accomplish your dream and making a profit to give your family a better life after all it's your dream but it effects other people who don't or can't understand. Yes it's a risk being self employed a lot of stress comes with it but when you are living your dream and starting to make money then before was it worth it ? Everyone has had bad days and weeks where they think oh god have I made a mistake lucky them times are few and far between the ever so many good times to come, you won't regret trying it's better to have tried then to have not and wonder yes later what if I carried on

Just ordered some gear. Will be starting next week. I just have to commit and say i'm not quitting until its successful.

Just ordered some gear. Will be starting next week. I just have to commit and say i'm not quitting until its successful.
Good luck. Im sure you will make it work.

Im in a similar position but I decided to make a proper start after the new year.

Thanks to all the contributions to this forum. You experienced windies give us new guys a lot of valuable information.

Just remember, everyone on here has been where you are, excited and scared when first starting out, bricking it on the first job you ever do, then the amazing feeling when that first bit of cash starts rolling in. I would speak to friends and family when you first get your tools about practicing on there houses, whilst soon that you'll probably get most of the issues that you'll face, such as awkward windows, dodgy ground, dealing with access issues etc. There's only so much you can learn doing just your own windows, and practice until your arms feel like falling off, and keep practicing, you'll get confidence really quick and then your off. Best bet is when you go to quote your first few jobs, work out a price in your head then add £2, it'll save the headache of underpriced work. Also work out your living expenses, add 20% then divide by how many days month you work, that should be your minimum daily target.

My family won't have a say in the matter. Their windows will be gleaming. Thanks for the £2 extra tip. Thats a great way to set a first goal also.

Focus on your dream... "FAKE IT TILL YOU MAKE IT" I left my full time job Jan/Feb 2015 and "officially" registered my company in July 2015.. i had no real money to start up a couple of grand and sold a watch I had for 4K... everything else I've grown and have 2 vans out 4 staff.. my plan is to get 1 or maybe even 2 more next year... I still have no real money to talk of as I pile it all back into the company but we have massively exceeded my expectations already and futures looking bright... I hope anyway [emoji85]

I just joined here last week and have learnt so much of you guys it's unbelievable.. its the fountain of knowledge.. I love it!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Focus on your dream... "FAKE IT TILL YOU MAKE IT" I left my full time job Jan/Feb 2015 and "officially" registered my company in July 2015.. i had no real money to start up a couple of grand and sold a watch I had for 4K... everything else I've grown and have 2 vans out 4 staff.. my plan is to get 1 or maybe even 2 more next year... I still have no real money to talk of as I pile it all back into the company but we have massively exceeded my expectations already and futures looking bright... I hope anyway [emoji85]I just joined here last week and have learnt so much of you guys it's unbelievable.. its the fountain of knowledge.. I love it!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
That's brilliant mate. Well done so far.

Back