Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

To the Facebook haters

WCF

Help Support WCF:

you're always gonna get messers to be honest mate, even people that walk up on the street or even referals sometimes!! just part of the job. Always charge a first clean price and you'll be fine no matter what happens.

you're always gonna get messers to be honest mate, even people that walk up on the street or even referals sometimes!! just part of the job. Always charge a first clean price and you'll be fine no matter what happens.
i started to develop some kinda instinct when i got a messer. i tend to ask them where they live then to catch them out say you want a one off yes. and if they say yes i know. some say no no regular please. i used to quote a monthly job at say 12 quid and they would cancel. but now i give them paperwork after the job that says if they cancel before 3 cleans i will invoice them a one off clean. seems to have worked out well. no one has cancelled in ages since i done that.

Forget the immigrant under cutters, ban them from page, plus anyone the tags them and move on, life is too short to cry about it.

I had a FB custy asking do I cover her area.

Before I see it and respond another well established window firm (4 vans all the t-shirts etc) reply to her post. 'Always happy to service your area'

Now this is different, this isn't some £5 wonder that will last a month and be gone or some bucket bob, this is an established operation that knows what you have to go through to gain customers and reputation etc and should know better.

I sent the director a PM saying 'Are you taking the p***? See you at your yard 8 am tomorrow to discuss'

5 minutes later got a phone call apologizing stating that it was some new office girl trying to show initiative and drum up new business and a solemn promise it would never happen again.

Was it a new office girl or was it him? I don't know nor do I care. The apology was made and that ends the matter.

You see all the wannabe bucket bobs and the likes spouting off about 'the rules' and in their division it is a total load off toss, there are no rules or laws (excluding Scottish licensing)

However if you want to grow, earn respect develop and become a company, a brand and have a good reputation there is certain nonsense you don't do and messing about trying to 'poach' another firms clients in such a manner is on the list of don'ts .

One of the key things that will help you grow in this game is to know whos who on your patch and to get along as they will help you from time to time by putting work your way or even subbing you in for bigger jobs etc.

Careful whos shoes you urinate on, they can make your life better or worse simply by how well you get along with them.

i get along with everyone and never hijack someones ad looking for work, never have never will. /emoticons/smile.png

View attachment 12802
I use facebook to boost my ego.
that's a nice set up. How do you get on with those reels up there.. Are they electric? That's also the van I want.. One day she will come to me lol! Currently driving a Vauxhall combo 1.7 cdti get van not any problems just yet. I'm 6ft4 though & the van is very low. It's bringing the money in though.

that's a nice set up. How do you get on with those reels up there.. Are they electric? That's also the van I want.. One day she will come to me lol! Currently driving a Vauxhall combo 1.7 cdti get van not any problems just yet. I'm 6ft4 though & the van is very low. It's bringing the money in though.
Both electric /emoticons/smile.png and just fine.

Back