Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Too much oil in pressure washer pump

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Samd223

Hi, I’m new to this forum.

I have just topped up the oil in my annovi reverberi pump. I thought the small triangles on the window where to show that the oil level was low (they are the max level) I have now overfilled the pump with oil. I have tried to get hold of Terry at Jetmac who sold me the machine but he has stopped replying. I am concerned I will damage the pump or it won’t work correctly. I have tried to remove the drainage bolt on the side but can’t get it undone.

Can anyone please advise me? Terry said it will chuck out the oil through the breather plug as you can see from my picture. Hope someone can help?

Many thanks, Sam

Attachments

• 2CA89E8E-7999-4250-9F04-FEDCD90F6BBC.jpeg
    2CA89E8E-7999-4250-9F04-FEDCD90F6BBC.jpeg
    76.5 KB · Views: 8
Thank you so much! I actually did get a syringe and drain it out. I did start the machine initially but only briefly and didn’t put any water through the pump so fingers crossed it hasn’t damaged the pump. Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it…

Thanks Ched, fingers crossed it will be ok. I’ve got a job on tomorrow so we will find out. I will update you tomorrow afternoon!

Just get the correct size spanner not an adjustable and undo the drain plug it should come out reasonably easily drain off the excess oil and all will be fine
Thanks Pjj, Im looking forward to doing this job tomorrow. Very much learning on the job! Thanks for your advice! I will keep you all posted!

Sam

I had to remove my plastic eye glass because it was leaking hydraulic oil. I was told by Ben its a usual occurrence so I changed both of them to aluminium to save it happening in the future so that's another way to remove oil.

Latest Posts

Back