Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Can anyone build me a pump box?!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Mx19

Hi all!

Im currently using the set up pictures below and really want to neaten it up with a pump box for everything but just don’t have any time at the moment working 3 jobs while I try and get a sufficient customer base, so was wondering if anyone would like to take it on and let me pay them to make a pump box?!

Basically I have this system (but will have a horsetail Inlet and outlet with a filter on the inlet and would like something that I can just take out of the boot of my car and plug and play... I would like access to the controller from the outside and just plug inlet and outlet hoses to the outside. I don’t need space for a leisure battery as I have the battery clamps and plug straight to my car battery for the time being haha! 

I onow now what I’m thinking in my head but struggling to put it into words, but if anyone wants to take the challenge on get in touch and it’ll be hugely appreciated!!! Or if anyone has anything lying around that may be of use!!

cheers 

max

1325332C-8C18-40FB-B979-C2640966F131.jpeg

I saw them but can only see ones with pumps etc installed... do you know where I can get an empty one? Also I think they come with a battery, or big enough to fit one? That’ll be too big for what I want, unless I’m mistaken...

Last edited by a moderator:
Get yourself a 45L wham bam storage box from the interweb and mount your pump on the inside end and get yourself a decent leisure battery if you haven't already got one 

A super Batt 110Ah will suit your needs 

A few hose connectors and hose then you're ready to roll 

20190623_180327.jpg

Hi all!

Im currently using the set up pictures below and really want to neaten it up with a pump box for everything but just don’t have any time at the moment working 3 jobs while I try and get a sufficient customer base, so was wondering if anyone would like to take it on and let me pay them to make a pump box?!

Basically I have this system (but will have a horsetail Inlet and outlet with a filter on the inlet and would like something that I can just take out of the boot of my car and plug and play... I would like access to the controller from the outside and just plug inlet and outlet hoses to the outside. I don’t need space for a leisure battery as I have the battery clamps and plug straight to my car battery for the time being haha! 

I onow now what I’m thinking in my head but struggling to put it into words, but if anyone wants to take the challenge on get in touch and it’ll be hugely appreciated!!! Or if anyone has anything lying around that may be of use!!

cheers 

max

View attachment 16886

Maybe have a look at this from a few days ago

https://windowcleaningforums.co.uk/topic/29630-looking-into-pump-boxes/?tab=comments#comment-417412

If you do a search (a search box in the top right corner) using "pump box" I see quite a lot comes up.

The Shurflo pump draws quite a lot of current - around 4.5amps per hour. That's why the Water Geni has a big battery of 85amp hours.

A lead acid battery should only be used to a 50% rate of discharge so a 17amph golf cart battery should only have 8.5amph taken from it before recharging. Yes, you can take it to 80% but each time you do you knock another nail into its longevity coffin.

Thanks for the replies guys, in an ideal world I would  build it myself, but as I said I have a serious lack of time for the next couple of months, on top of the lack of tools for the time being. Also I’m not  interested in having a battery for it. I’m going to keep looking around to see what’s available but thought it might be worth putting it out there in case someone Felt creative and wanted to earn a little extra pocket money!

when my van failed its mot, i put a pump and battery in to a stacker crate.

you already have the pump mounted to a board, put that in a box with the leisure battery. cut 2 holes one for water in and out. done.

i added a lid made of chipboard and used zip ties as a hinge. as mine is used on a trolley with containers now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to thank everyone for giving me a kick up the ass. I found a spare couple of hours today, borrowed some tools and got it done!!

AE8D18CF-15DD-4864-BF16-3957057B7EFC.jpeg

6A0AEAFC-16F9-41FB-9EDB-E8BADFC0D98E.jpeg

Back