Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Too much time on my hands today

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Davy G

I'm spending most of the day sat in a chair on treatment. Bored to tears and wired to the moon on steroids and stuff, so full of mischief. ?

I remember someone started a discussion a while back on favourite films.

Here goes with some of mine. 

Most are pretty old like meself, but are well worth watching. 

First, because I watched it again last night. Quadrophenia, a gem and very true to the times. I was eight in 1964, the time it was set in and lived near the Ace Cafe, the Greasers HQ. 

Cool Hand Luke, an American gem about chain gangs. 

Scum, about young offenders in the 60s 

Kes. The troubles of a young working class boy growing up. 

The Twelve. A young boy trying to take care of his younger siblings after his single mother died, in post war damaged London. 

Grapes of Wrath. The American depression in the 1920s 

Captain Phillips. With Tom Hanks 

Sully, another Tom Hanks gem

Hope some of you take the time to watch them. And more importantly hope you enjoy them. ? 

I'm spending most of the day sat in a chair on treatment. Bored to tears and wired to the moon on steroids and stuff, so full of mischief. ?

I remember someone started a discussion a while back on favourite films.

Here goes with some of mine. 

Most are pretty old like meself, but are well worth watching. 

First, because I watched it again last night. Quadrophenia, a gem and very true to the times. I was eight in 1964, the time it was set in and lived near the Ace Cafe, the Greasers HQ. 

Cool Hand Luke, an American gem about chain gangs. 

Scum, about young offenders in the 60s 

Kes. The troubles of a young working class boy growing up. 

The Twelve. A young boy trying to take care of his younger siblings after his single mother died, in post war damaged London. 

Grapes of Wrath. The American depression in the 1920s 

Captain Phillips. With Tom Hanks 

Sully, another Tom Hanks gem

Hope some of you take the time to watch them. And more importantly hope you enjoy them. ? 
 yeh quadrophenia is great. We used to go on scooter rallies in the late 80s, would've been better in the 60s or 1979/80.

Cool hand luke, 50 hard boiled eggs, what can I say?

kes was brill, glimpses of another time, and grapes of wrath, hope things dont get that bad with the next depression.

Havent seen  the twelve, will check it out, sounds good.

Another great tom hanks film is castaway.

One of the best lines ever said on film

"did you fetch your tool?"

"what tool!"

"This f****** tool"

Hope the treatment goes well and you're not to ? after.
I haven't watched it for years so I don't remember that line. I'm on a mission now and going to watch it again... Tonight! 

Thanks mate. I actually feel really well, never really felt ill. Only symptoms I ever had was an inability for food to pass from the oesophagus to the stomach. Out of here in a few minutes, and home for a brew. ??

Last edited by a moderator:
 yeh quadrophenia is great. We used to go on scooter rallies in the late 80s, would've been better in the 60s or 1979/80.

Cool hand luke, 50 hard boiled eggs, what can I say?

kes was brill, glimpses of another time, and grapes of wrath, hope things dont get that bad with the next depression.

Havent seen  the twelve, will check it out, sounds good.

Another great tom hanks film is castaway.
Sorry, just checked. My mistake the film is the 14, starring child actor Jack Wilde. 

Sorry, just checked. My mistake the film is the 14, starring child actor Jack Wilde. 
Ah, werent he the artful dodger in the old oliver twist musical classic? another great film, as is great expectations, something all us novice windies have lol

@Davy G hope it continues to go well, I watch L.O.T.R and The Hobbit back to back, I've not watched Quadrophenia in years a good movie is Northern Soul and also This is England, Deadmans Shoes 

If you havent watced the TV shows -

The Wire

West World

Both very good once you get through a couple of the first episodes

Ah, werent he the artful dodger in the old oliver twist musical classic? another great film, as is great expectations, something all us novice windies have lol
Yeah, he was indeed. You're right "another great film". He's also in Flight of The Doves, it's really a family and children's film but a very good one. Ron Moody also stars in it. He was also in Oliver Twist, one of the great actors and a master of disguise. 

I really liked "Hidden Figures". I can also recommend "13 minutes to the moon" if you're into podcasts.
I haven't been but I'll look it up. Thanks 

Kestrel was my first bird of prey then had a sparrowhawk by 12 if you don't know sparrowhawk as difficult to train compared to most other birds of prey.

my sons both had there kestrels approx 7 years old my youngest son carried on with Harris hawks until he was about 14. 

We both often talk about getting birds again, but fuuckkked if I'm going run around the countryside now I'm in my 50s lol

Latest Posts

Back