Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Trad belt and pouches

WCF

Help Support WCF:

The pouches are smaller than the unger ergotec pouche and better quality I also use the unger belt and ergotec pouch with just a sill cloth and 6” squeegee to clean between frame and sill being 99.9 wfp that’s all I need and in our cases would be overkill to wear this.

the pouches are not fixed they easily slide on and off can have one pouches or just wear the belt which is also padded.

posted this in the trad section for the trad boys that carry 7 or 8 squeegees Two bottles and many ofther thing like polz and bladz and trad man among many others.

title of This thread is call Trad belt and pouches just Showing what you can get on a budget for the trad guys that’s why it’s posted in the trad section.

I live approx 30 miles from where I was born but still visit friends and family which five of them lives in bungalows and I clean their windows for them when visiting in my car better than taking barrels of water and trolley so I will use this instead on them occasions. 

The beauty of the quick release belts is that they takes seconds to put on or take off this is the same mechanism as the meorman side pouches that as two mechanism.

the lads I see wearing the trad belt fully loaded are be better off wearing the correct belts for the jobs instead of a trouser belt.
I appreciate what you are saying Den but I did trad for over 8 years and never needed to carry all that stuff, sill cloth,scrim and 12" squeegee. When I first started out I couldn't drive so walked my round, I would struggle to walk 10 yards with all that gear let alone work on a ladder safely.  :1f609:

I appreciate what you are saying Den but I did trad for over 8 years and never needed to carry all that stuff, sill cloth,scrim and 12" squeegee. When I first started out I couldn't drive so walked my round, I would struggle to walk 10 yards with all that gear let alone work on a ladder safely.  :1f609:
Yes I know what you mean I have two squeegees in my boab (don't use a applicator because mine are combinators) small spray bottle and two rags in my pouch on the two trad jobs I do every 8 weeks.

see below the photos of my unger belt Held together with gaffer tape closed the end clip in the van door a couple of weeks ago. So I needed a new belt ? So I personally save approx £5 and got two pouches and a bottle holder free a no brainier ?

If buying cleaning the equipment needed from a windowing cleaning supplier would be between £60 and £70 as a guess.

padded belt.

two pouches 

bottle holder on a belt.

if in B&Q check them out only takes a minute to look. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

I am WFP mainly and was finding it hard to justify buying a window cleaners belt and all its bits and bobs, had instead been walking around with a bag of stuff which to be honest would start off in the car and then I would go and get it when I needed it.  All I know is I picked one up yesterday from Screwfix (14.99) with some other stuff after seeing this thread.  Put it on, stuck a spray bottle in with some degreaser in it in a pocket, some microfibres in another pocket,  stuck my clip for my BOAB on it which I later had to use because the lady could not shut the sliding porch door.  Worked great, felt great and looked no doubt more professional than fishing in a asda carrier bag.  So many thanks for this Den... I owe you a pint.

I am WFP mainly and was finding it hard to justify buying a window cleaners belt and all its bits and bobs, had instead been walking around with a bag of stuff which to be honest would start off in the car and then I would go and get it when I needed it.  All I know is I picked one up yesterday from Screwfix (14.99) with some other stuff after seeing this thread.  Put it on, stuck a spray bottle in with some degreaser in it in a pocket, some microfibres in another pocket,  stuck my clip for my BOAB on it which I later had to use because the lady could not shut the sliding porch door.  Worked great, felt great and looked no doubt more professional than fishing in a asda carrier bag.  So many thanks for this Den... I owe you a pint.
I have learned a lot from the guys on this forum money saving ideas, products, tools, brushes etc,etc,  just glad to contribute back.

screwfix and B&Q are owned by the same group apparentally. Only went there to buy a rug with the wife she didn't like after all, I needed a belt so have a look but noticed this is instead lol.

I have learned a lot from the guys on this forum money saving ideas, products, tools, brushes etc,etc,  just glad to contribute back.

screwfix and B&Q are owned by the same group apparentally. Only went there to buy a rug with the wife she didn't like after all, I needed a belt so have a look but noticed this is instead lol.
Free coffee and cheaper products at toolstation though, there you go I contributed something.

Free coffee and cheaper products at toolstation though, there you go I contributed something.
Lol I now but not always better I bought the eviquilent waterproof thermal gloves to the argon skytec XL from toolstation couldn't get them one and also the quality was not as good didn't go to waste though as my son wears them Saying that I got the oversize lagging for my outside pipework and USB sockets for around the house with free delivery cheaper than screwfix. 

Latest Posts

Back