Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Traditional cleaner what are you happy to earn a day

WCF

Help Support WCF:

What about using the wfp for upper levels and trad for ground floor? That must be the cheapest, quickest and safest option? any thoughts, m
All my new accounts I have started to do wfp upstairs and trad downstairs unless customer wants trad up and down then I assess whether I am comfortable with that particular circumstance.

I have been up till past couple of weeks fully trad.

Totally agree regarding the price of cleaning windows. Cleaning my mate's and woman on ground floor asked me to do her's. I hummed and hawed and then said ok, a fiver. she near had a heart attack and said last guy charged £3. I just smiled and said the minimum price now is a fiver, some customers are still living in the past and that's where we leave them.

We will all be using the WFP due to the working at height regulations and that's the best way to inform a customer. When they chin you for using the pole, all you say is this:- guy from the council told me it was mandatory or they will take my licence away from me. Health and Safety I'm afraid.

I'm 12 months wfp now and I've spent a shedload of money, so i don't offer trad work full stop. The only time I use them now is once every three months to access a orangery to clean the roof lights.
The whole point for me was getting off the ladders, the only time they come off the van is for guttering jobs for regular customers and I'm winding that down now.
I was a bit naughty actually on two jobs I did say I would trad them but I've poled them now for months and they know but seem to have accepted it.[emoji85] [emoji86] [emoji87]

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

End of the day wfp is safer, faster and hence earns more money.

That's a fact.

So knowing that it's up to the individual whether or not they want to trad.

Doesn't make much business sense to me but each to their own.

I agree WFP is quicker and safer, the reason I am starting out trad is because of cost.

I only started in January with my medium sized 2003 car. Spent about £300 on tools and work clothes.

I now have 12 regular customers and 2 occasional customers, are all Bungalows. 

At least 4 that have asked me for a quote have told me their last window cleaner used pure water and it left marks. I know from reading the WFP section that pure water should not leave marks so assume it was not pure water or maybe dirt from under the rubber was not washed away.

I say "oh really? well I will give you a price". I never badmouth WFP because if I can build a decent round I would like to upgrade to a small van and go WFP. But that is some way off.

I also get the impression customers do not like it when a window cleaner is only there for 10 minutes, my first cleans take an hour and follow ups 40 minutes. But apparently I do charge more than some of the competition.

I agree WFP is quicker and safer, the reason I am starting out trad is because of cost.
I only started in January with my medium sized 2003 car. Spent about £300 on tools and work clothes.
I now have 12 regular customers and 2 occasional customers, are all Bungalows. 

At least 4 that have asked me for a quote have told me their last window cleaner used pure water and it left marks. I know from reading the WFP section that pure water should not leave marks so assume it was not pure water or maybe dirt from under the rubber was not washed away.
I say "oh really? well I will give you a price". I never badmouth WFP because if I can build a decent round I would like to upgrade to a small van and go WFP. But that is some way off.

I also get the impression customers do not like it when a window cleaner is only there for 10 minutes, my first cleans take an hour and follow ups 40 minutes. But apparently I do charge more than some of the competition.

just remember you price to do a job,not how long you are on site for.
most trades quote for jobs not the time taken.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Latest Posts

Back