Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Training Advice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ian Eccleston

Hi there i have jsut bought a driveway cleaning and sealing business and although im in the building trade and have a good idea of what to do i woudl like to go on a training course does anyone know of any courses prefeably in the North West but if not i will travel. Thanks in advance for any advice

I was cleaning a new customer's patio with phosphoric acid to try and remove the grout smear on the tiles. They tried everything even PW it. I advised them never to seal them or it would be difficult to clean them in the future. Once you seal driveways & patios then you can't clean them with a PW or it turns out patchy and they blame you for not cleaning it correctly.

I was cleaning a new customer's patio with phosphoric acid to try and remove the grout smear on the tiles. They tried everything even PW it. I advised them never to seal them or it would be difficult to clean them in the future. Once you seal driveways & patios then you can't clean them with a PW or it turns out patchy and they blame you for not cleaning it correctly.
The only explanation I can think of for that would be if its been sealed with a colour enhancer or gloss , wet look etc that affects the appearance and is partially removed by PW. Those types of sealers often start to look like that over time as they wear off. Clear / invisible is always the safest option.

Back