Transfer hose and pump set up

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by ALPINEYORKS, Mar 3, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. ALPINEYORKS

ALPINEYORKS Active Member

hey guys what set up do you all have to transfer water from tank to van tank, I have a hippo pump with 1'' reinforced pipe but it keeps splitting and its ******* me off now so looking for something hard wearing hose wise

Advertisement
  2. Iron Giant

Iron Giant Active Member

How many metres do you need as you can buy a 10 metre coil of really hard wearing hose from www.screwfix.com , I have a mix of 3 different hoses the stuff from screwfix I connect to sub pump and have 2 metres which i have then connected to some 1" pond hose of amazon which is really flexible .

Then i have the more rubbery stuff which loves to split from the flexi stuff to tank a total of 30 metres , The really flexible stuff is nice and lightweight only had 2 months so cant comment on real durability .

3. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

I've been using the plastic green rippled hose for 9 years without a hiccup. No chance of tips or punchers with it

4. ALPINEYORKS

ALPINEYORKS Active Member

I have the green hose from screw fix at present it only lasts me 6 months I hate the stuff was wanting something abit more flexible as it splitting from being put away in the garage and its curling up within its self

5. Solarpanelcleanington

Solarpanelcleanington Forum Addict

6. Iron Giant

Iron Giant Active Member

have a look on www.amazon.co.uk and type pond hose in search box the seller First4Spares sells really flexible hose its a bit like the plastic waste pipe from washing machine . 10 metres of hose is £15.79 with free delivery .

7. jimmyboots

jimmyboots Forum Addict

I use some of this
    1" Reinforced Hose - Machine Mart - Machine Mart

one of these
    1" Polypropylene Transfer Hose Trigger Nozzle - General Accessories - Fittings & Acc's

and one of these
    NEW UNIVERSAL DIRTY / CLEAN WATER PUMP SUBMERSIBLE AUTOMATIC ELECTRIC POND PUMPS

8. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

ive got the same as jimmy with two & half outlet with the green rippled hose from hose
    world had it three years gd bit of fit transfer 1000l in 15mins job done

9. David K

David K Forum Addict

I just Got a small sub pump 12 v connected to a spare battery , 10 mtr hose "1" . Works great ! :thumbsup: Total cost around 23 pounds without battery

Advertisement