Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Truck systems

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Declan09

I thinking of purchasing a truck like Navara or Fiat fullback and asking what water fed system would be best I will be requiring a DI system can a electric reel be fitted and could you operate a 2 operator system

I looked into using a pickup for work before. During the process I contacted a company that makes custom tanks as I was also after a two man set up so needed quite a big tank at around 800 litres. They said really not to go above 350 litres as the loads in pickups are quite high and will make the vehicle top heavy and very dangerous to drive so it put me right off.

A truck usually has a 1,200kg payload perfectly feasible to have a custom-built tank such as from here E.M.P.F - Water fed Poles & Purified Water Tanks but as for a 2-man set up that's debatable as you are restricted on height with a truck to accommodate an 800ltr+ tank and 2 reels mounted on the top of the tank
I looked into using a pickup for work before. During the process I contacted a company that makes custom tanks as I was also after a two man set up so needed quite a big tank at around 800 litres. They said really not to go above 350 litres as the loads in pickups are quite high and will make the vehicle top heavy and very dangerous to drive so it put me right off.
Thank you for your reply

A truck usually has a 1,200kg payload perfectly feasible to have a custom-built tank such as from here E.M.P.F - Water fed Poles & Purified Water Tanks but as for a 2-man set up that's debatable as you are restricted on height with a truck to accommodate an 800ltr+ tank and 2 reels mounted on the top of the tank
Thank you for your reply the 2 operator is not a must as work on my own just a question do you store poles in a van guard? Our is there any poles that would fit inside the canopy

Thank you for your reply the 2 operator is not a must as work on my own just a question do you store poles in a van guard? Our is there any poles that would fit inside the canopy
I have had L200's in the past for a few years a Slx-22 and Slx-27 will go in the back diagonally, you could put a 400ltr flat tank in the load bed the ply board over the top then bolt the reel into the plyboard.

I loved having a truck all those years, but could never go back to one now for work, I really don't what the appeal is these days they drink diesel for fun and they are a proper truck weighing around 2,000kg unladen and 17ft long not the easiest thing to get parked at times most people who drive them don't even use them to their full capacity and have no clue how to drive them on the road or off.

I work solo from a VW Amarok. But I don't think there's anyway you'd get a productive 2 man setup in a pick up.

Only 2 reasons for a truck. 1 is if it's your only vehicle and you need back seats for family. And 2, doing a lot of farmhouses and rural cleaning (the extra clearance, tyres/suspension definitely come in handy).

Other than that I usually just recommend people to get a van ??

I've had a 4x4 before, although mines wasn't for work. You will get quite a fright when you need a new set of 4 tyres and see the price. I was considering similar as I just have the van so instead of a van amd a car the pick up could be both. Have a good look at the running costs before you start looking.

I've had a 4x4 before, although mines wasn't for work. You will get quite a fright when you need a new set of 4 tyres and see the price. I was considering similar as I just have the van so instead of a van amd a car the pick up could be both. Have a good look at the running costs before you start looking.
My first 4x4 was a merc ml 20 odd years back, wasnt aware of the rotating tyres thing and it took a fair bit of counselling to get over the cost of 4 new tyres

Got a set of BFG ko2 on my van only £550-600 I thought that was very reasonable not much difference in price to normal tyres

On the van I just fire a decent brand removed on if one needs replaced. My runs 2 miles away from my house. Never really have to go on motorways or stuff. When I had a 3 hour twice a month on the motorway for work I used to get decent tyres on it. Sometimes I was flying out at 5 in the morning so was traveling around 2am. There wasn't alot of traffic at that time, unless it wasn't safe to do so ie, bends on motorway or traffic being there I would have been between 100 to 120 an hour most of the way. With the only thing between me and the road being tyres I used to make sure they were good ones. There's videos on YouTube that shows the differences between tyres for stopping distances etc. It's frightening seeing how much of a difference they can make.

Back