Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ultimate ladder standoff and ladder stabiliser

WCF

Help Support WCF:

purpleroad

Bought these two products recently from landsford access.  The ultimate is basically like a microlite standoff which goes on roofs and I think walls.  Anyone had any experience of using it?

I bought the ladder leveller as well.  Anyone used these?

20191002_092022.jpg

20191002_092030.jpg

Use the roof standoff on roof when cleaning gutters helps prevent ladder slipping to side.

Another saftey device is the ankalad stabiliser,google it if interested. See if you can do a search on this forum, as guy called "smurf" had put alot of useful safety points on using ladders a few years back.

The ladder stabiliser could be a problem. Does it suit all ladders that have to be manufactured to regulation EN131?

The ladders have wider legs for the ladder to be more stable. Not sure the stabiliser is wide enough. I would check this tbh.

The ladders we can use have to be for commercial use to EN131. A home owner can still use domestic ladders to the previous regulation but only for himself.

I commented about this a couple of days ago. See the end of this thread

Last edited by a moderator:
20191002_140809.jpg

I put an ankalad onto an 8 metre lyte ladder.  I use ladder levellers on ankalads feet with it raised on one side so feet dont move outwards.  I find the mats allow feet to press down when my weight is on the ladder stopping the standoff from bring pulled slightly off wall or roof.

The standoff is on roof in picture.   Does it look ok and unlikely to move sideways?

20191002_140742.jpg

20191002_140824.jpg

Yeah that looks perfect to me Purple...standoff is a microlite no? (looks identical to mine - microlite) perhaps they have just rebranded - but it's a top bit of kit and Soo light. I'm getting Ankaland's envy - mine at the old style sky blue, paints now all flaky and looks a bit tired -  I've just added the metallic finish upgrade to my kit wishlish. Been using that set up for years - IMHO that's THE best setup! Never had any 'scares'...it's rock solid - little bit of hassle to fit initially but adds little extra weight and cos they are always there on the ladder I use them instinctively - which is how PPE should be.

How does it differ from the micro lite?

I love the micro lite.
Maybe just name and £50 cheaper.  Think microlite is £190 and ultimate £140. I got it from ladders999.   Think they're basically the same just different company 

Yeah that looks perfect to me Purple...standoff is a microlite no? (looks identical to mine - microlite) perhaps they have just rebranded - but it's a top bit of kit and Soo light. I'm getting Ankaland's envy - mine at the old style sky blue, paints now all flaky and looks a bit tired -  I've just added the metallic finish upgrade to my kit wishlish. Been using that set up for years - IMHO that's THE best setup! Never had any 'scares'...it's rock solid - little bit of hassle to fit initially but adds little extra weight and cos they are always there on the ladder I use them instinctively - which is how PPE should be.

Think they're the Same-ultimate and microlite just different companies. 

Out of interest, did you use the bracing bar on the Ankalad?   

bracing bar on the Ankalad? 
Must be a new development, mine didn't have one, like the idea though. I personally know 3 Windies hospitalised by falls - so belt and 'braces' all welcome...this thread is getting me salivating to 'upgrade' my Ankalad

Got a couple of microlite stand offs, really good. When I was painting large windows I decided to bolt on a length of 3" / 2" wood at the top of my ladder. It meant I could rest the ladder at the centre of the window without touching it. A guy from the council went by and thought it was a great idea. Might try it again to see if it makes a difference just below the sill. Not happy resting my ladder on the sill because very little friction.

Back