Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Upgrading system

WCF

Help Support WCF:

penfold

I’m looking to upgrade my system after 8 years. Currently have Ionics 300litre rodi, looking to upgrade to 500 litre or more.
Ionics is coming up around £7k for a 600 litre system. Does anyone have any other recommendations? As this seems on the steep side.
Had no issues with the system I have but £7k eats a large chunk of my system/ van budget.
Thanks in advance.

Can't you just replace the tank and fit the rodi system. In fact maybe Ionics could supply and install a 600lts delivery only tank system and you could reinstall the RODI?
Don't Ionics have a sister company who supply and install used systems?

Get a quote from window cleaning Warehouse then get Ionics to match it under their Pure2O brand. That’s what I did.
£7 seems like a lot but it could also be dirt cheap depending on what extras you are getting. What does the actual quote look like?

Get a quote from window cleaning Warehouse then get Ionics to match it under their Pure2O brand. That’s what I did.
£7 seems like a lot but it could also be dirt cheap depending on what extras you are getting. What does the actual quote look like?
That’s the machine, fitting, waterproof coating on the floor, pole rack and the dreaded VAT.

Ok so I know the waterproofing was about £800 when I got it and probably £1k+ now. Machine, which version you going for? As in, all the balls and whistles or barely any extras?

Again, I would 100% get a quote for what you need from WCW then go back to Ionics.
Depending ware you go there is a huge price difference my latest van cost £700 to be done with line x speedliner wanted £1200 and to be honest there is no difference in the finished results,

I’m looking to upgrade my system after 8 years. Currently have Ionics 300litre rodi, looking to upgrade to 500 litre or more.
Ionics is coming up around £7k for a 600 litre system. Does anyone have any other recommendations? As this seems on the steep side.
Had no issues with the system I have but £7k eats a large chunk of my system/ van budget.
Thanks in advance.
if you still like the system you have now then, just have a new tank made for it by someone like steve scargill would make you a tank that fits into the ionics frame for maybe around the £1000 mark although i would shop around for someone local to you as it could work out cheaper, if you went down this route now is the perfect time to have say, twin outlets or a boss installed for a heater element as at this point its very cheap to do should you need it in the future, from memory your 300l tank frame will easily take 450l by just increasing the height of your tank but still keep the frame and everything else.
if you did this you'd have the same system you have now but with a far better tank, one that is baffled with maybe a large outlet for quick filling a backpack or just to drain the tank for maintainance etc, you'll have a lid with it so you could re-fill if needed via 25l drums of pure.

Back