Using the Ankalad stabilizer correctly on window sills etc?

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by slippy, Oct 16, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. slippy

slippy Well-Known Member

On tree this isn't an issue as there's give the ladder but when you put the ladder on window sills etc if you set the ankalad stabilizer and certain setting it stays at that and the top then shakes and wobbles as it is being supported by stabililzer not the sill.

Is it best to put the ladder on the sill or wherever then assume this is the angle height setting THEN adjust the stabilizer? I find also though the settings change when you walk up the ladder as your weight pushes the stabilizer legs down and this can then force the top of the ladder above the sill!!

Is the thing to do to have the legs slightly off the ground before you climb up ladder?

Advertisement
  2. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Your not using it for regular window cleaning are you?

3. TolishAPurd

Its a problem you can get if you overtighten the strap. But using an ankalad for window cleaning on first floor is a bit overkill.

4. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

a ankalad stabliser is not for window cleaning its to mch faff and time comsuming seting it up i only use mine for gutter cleaning and not all the time infact it hardly gets used as its slow to set up if ur using it to clean glass on every house then its guna take u for ever to finish a days wrk, also a ankalad can b used 3 standing if needed as long as u dont go above the tiping point[​IMG]

5. Jake

Jake Grand Master

You know how I feel about them tench...

Loads of us have been fine without them for donkeys years, there for old people, not window cleaners,

You can be safe without the faff of one of those huge things strapped to ya ladder!

6. Jake

Jake Grand Master

image.jpeg

7. Posh

Posh Hero

Still think my foot the ladder is better. Takes me 10 second to put it on & off.

8. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

image.jpg
    I think it's great - I have done stuff this year with total confidence with my 14x3 - it's like walking up a staircase . But no it's not for normal window cleaning

9. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

haha u cant b safe on wet wood decking or slipry tiles jake with out a ankalad its not just for the oldy's :D yung guns use them as well like me:rofl:

10. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

[​IMG]

Advertisement