Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Odd transparent / milky white substance

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Mattlekim

Hello about 2 years ago we started to notice the odd substance on the windows.
A super thin semi transparent slightly white slimy substance.

It turns out our tank in the van was full of it and it was so thin it was getting through the filters before the pumps.

It was so clear that we had to use a torch to be able to see it in the tanks.

Anyway we steralized the tank in the van and the IBC in the garage and it solved it.

But I have noticed it seems to be starting to come back again. All I can think is it's some type of algae.

Anyone else had anything similar?

Matt

It will probably be a bio film and inside the tank will feel slimy, sterilise it with bleach or Miltons this will kill it off flush the tank a couple of times we do our tanks each year just to prevent anything rather than having a problem

It will probably be a bio film and inside the tank will feel slimy, sterilise it with bleach or Miltons this will kill it off flush the tank a couple of times we do our tanks each year just to prevent anything rather than having a problem
Ah ok.

So when you steralize your tanks what's the best way you found to get rid of all the impuritys. It took use ages to get rid of them.

Fill the tank with tap water add some bleach depending on size of tank 2-5 ltr drive around a bit to slosh it around leave for an hours then empty tank re fill and flush a couple of times job done

Hello about 2 years ago we started to notice the odd substance on the windows.
A super thin semi transparent slightly white slimy substance.

It turns out our tank in the van was full of it and it was so thin it was getting through the filters before the pumps.

It was so clear that we had to use a torch to be able to see it in the tanks.

Anyway we steralized the tank in the van and the IBC in the garage and it solved it.

But I have noticed it seems to be starting to come back again. All I can think is it's some type of algae.

Anyone else had anything similar?

Matt
Are you putting any additive into your water?

Aah as vision etc is said to leave residue although I’ve never noticed it with enigma
As said before shove a couple of cheap bottles of bleach in the water and let it sit for half hour then empty and flush once or twice so the new water will be clean
Pain in the arris but worth doing once a year
My whiskey barrel fish pond gets like that occasionally and the filters need the bleach treatment
Supposed to just rinse it out to keep the bio culture as it is but I just bleach the bugger and put it back in

Back