Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

V16 calibration problem

WCF

Help Support WCF:

big al

I have a v16 pump controller but having issues with calibration. When I set it to auto calibration it just runs continuously at c99. How long should it take to calibrate?

I have a v16 pump controller but having issues with calibration. When I set it to auto calibration it just runs continuously at c99. How long should it take to calibrate?
I assume you have your pole connected to the hose reel and flow set at your normal setting , it shouldn’t take more than a muinit to auto calibrate but you need to hit the centre button to do it
@Ian Sheppard is the expert on theses

I assume you have your pole connected to the hose reel and flow set at your normal setting , it shouldn’t take more than a muinit to auto calibrate but you need to hit the centre button to do it

@Ian Sheppard is the expert on theses

Yes pole connected and flow on. Pressed down button until auto displaed then return and display alternates between c99 and auto with flow running

When auto calibrating the controller starts from C99 and works down to find the correct value based on the pump, Set up and Flow rate. In most cases the process is relatively quick and less than a minute. In some cases it can take longer particularly if there is air in the hose. If the pump is pushing air there is no load on teh pump motor for the controller to calibrate against. It is worth checking that there are no air locks in the system.

Tips when running Auto cal would be
1. Ensure all valves are open
2. Set the flow rate to your preferred flow
3. Run auto Cal -

While in calibration mode the controller will show C99 and Aut or C99 and DE the pump will be running at this stage provided if there is air being purged leave the system running until water comes through. Wait until a cal value shows for example C25

Can I ask what pump are you using and what is its max amp rating

Cheers

It's a shurflo 100 psi. Water is running and no air in system. Tried with another controller (v11) and it set at 54....swapped back and v16 won't calibrate..?

It's a shurflo 100 psi. Water is running and no air in system. Tried with another controller (v11) and it set at 54....swapped back and v16 won't calibrate..?
Hi Al

Thank you for the info. Cal setting of 54 with a V11 is on the high side. what flow rate are you setting please.

With the V16 try setting calibration manually based on the V11 cal of 54, Manually set the V16 to 40 and let me know how this goes

Cheers

Hi sorry for late reply. Have been using this week and started out at C40 as suggested. Initially this worked OK but then pulsing again. Gradually have increased a number of times and now on C65......flow doesn't stop now but water pressure drops occasionally

Thanks you for the feedback. Can I ask what flow rate are you running and what are the hoses sizes. The flow dropping occasionally may be either the Pump pressure switch activating or the control dead ending the pump.

If the pump pulses while in dead end that is a normal. The controller tests every few seconds to see if the pole valve has been opened and the pump needs to be restarted.

Cheers

Back