Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van Freezing Soon Which Heater?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

best thing to mate is to fill up on the morning if your having trouble covering it all up cos i got no good protection /emoticons/smile.png but im going to fill up on the morning and that should do the job... and just wrap a towel around the pump and your laughing /emoticons/smile.png u can easily get away with it .... but make sure u fill up in the morning i no wfp guys who have worked in the ice and they got away with it... but when your hose is running water ... dont stop it with the tap cos then it will have a very good chance of freezzing... always keep the water flowing /emoticons/smile.png
As long as you take the towel off before use, otherwise you can overheat the pump and could burn it out!

You can turn it off at the tap, it won't be that quick at freezing the water in the hose.

I'm so glad i live in Australia, you poor buggers.!, we just had our winter and most of the days was hotter than your summer days and less rain, my problem coming up is avoiding the heat... aaarrrgghhhh.

Good luck with your winter guys... :rolleyes:

yeah obviously take the towel of while using it /emoticons/tongue.png i might be daft but i arent that daft /emoticons/tongue.png lmao /emoticons/tongue.png

yep but when u turn it of at the tap theirs more chance of it freezing especially in really icy conditions

best thing to mate is to fill up on the morning if your having trouble covering it all up cos i got no good protection /emoticons/smile.png but im going to fill up on the morning and that should do the job... and just wrap a towel around the pump and your laughing /emoticons/smile.png u can easily get away with it .... but make sure u fill up in the morning i no wfp guys who have worked in the ice and they got away with it... but when your hose is running water ... dont stop it with the tap cos then it will have a very good chance of freezzing... always keep the water flowing /emoticons/smile.png
You will need more than a towel yo stop it freezing. I may be mistaking? If your freezing points different down there? lol

yeah obviously take the towel of while using it /emoticons/tongue.png i might be daft but i arent that daft /emoticons/tongue.png lmao /emoticons/tongue.png

yep but when u turn it of at the tap theirs more chance of it freezing especially in really icy conditions

lol

it would take a few hours before it freezes

I'm so glad i live in Australia, you poor buggers.!, we just had our winter and most of the days was hotter than your summer days and less rain, my problem coming up is avoiding the heat... aaarrrgghhhh.

Good luck with your winter guys... :rolleyes:
at least the windows will dry quick! lol send some heat over here!!!

I am buying that heater, but what i want to do is keep the heater in there , i am going to feed the wire through my van and on the outside of my van have a plug adapter then run the extension lead from my flat and plug it in to the plug adapter on the outside of my van, does anyone know where i can feed the heater wire from the back inside of my van to the outside i cant find anywhere? Does anyone have any suggestions as to where i can feed it through ? Thanks

its best either high up towards the back i think, but best to double check with garage for best place, i had to take my pole hooks off my roofrack for it to pass mot!

Oh really, do you mean check with an mot garage? I cant see anywhere where i can feed the wire through i dont want to start drilling holes

drilling is one of the options,

with my cable i just have it coming out the back doors as the rubber seal is quite thick and i can still shut my doors and lock them no problem, but make sure there is no sharpe bits just in case it cuts the cable a bit

no problem,

just a warning, when the heater is first turned on it will smoke for abit, this is normal, its just some dust etc on the heating wire inside

no problem,

just a warning, when the heater is first turned on it will smoke for abit, this is normal, its just some dust etc on the heating wire inside
Im glad you said that, That happened with mine. I was sat there waiting for it to catch fire

Im glad you said that, That happened with mine. I was sat there waiting for it to catch fire
i took the first one back to the shop and got a replacement then that one did it too! lol

worst thing was it has a electrical smell to the smoke so i though it was a faulty one! lol

Bought the heater tank wrap and insulation pipes today !!! 2mora i shal be fitting all of this , i didnt realise how long the heater was , i was going to get the 280 watt but it was too long lol

Nice one mate, one day i will have a go at that hot water system you have done, looks good

Back