Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My New Sl-X Came Today

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Knoxy

Well it arrived and it has good pionts and bad points, the good, feels nice in hand, its very light, very stiff, looks good finish, clamps look and feel solid.

Bad points, clamps are bulky, quick release Resi-Neck™ , well just isn't, the join in the pole hose leaks realy bad, the Resi-Neck™ Quick-Release is awfull, you have to move the hose out of the way to adjust the angle of the brush.

I will be changing the Resi-Neck™ Quick-Release, I've already taken out the small section of inner hose, if only I could fit some streamline clamps I have the most amazing pole ever, however its still mint and I'll give it 8 out of 10 as it is. looking forward to giving it some hammer tomorrow. /emoticons/smile.png

The quick release resi necks are same on clx I have, I put the wee lever to the bottom, opposite side of hose and it won't be in the way mate. Iv only used a clx and a Harris but I think the clamps are very good, although Iv had to glue 2 back on so far

I'm not saying they will have a problem, what I'm saying is they ain't as good as the streamline clamps.

I think this is the same pole gavb got... and it snapped on him... and another person said the same forgot who now though

streamline great poles but you now have a better pole weighing nearly half as much enjoy your day out tomorrow

Well it arrived and it has good pionts and bad points, the good, feels nice in hand, its very light, very stiff, looks good finish, clamps look and feel solid.

Bad points, clamps are bulky, quick release Resi-Neck™ , well just isn't, the join in the pole hose leaks realy bad, the Resi-Neck™ Quick-Release is awfull, you have to move the hose out of the way to adjust the angle of the brush.

I will be changing the Resi-Neck™ Quick-Release, I've already taken out the small section of inner hose, if only I could fit some streamline clamps I have the most amazing pole ever, however its still mint and I'll give it 8 out of 10 as it is. looking forward to giving it some hammer tomorrow. /emoticons/smile.png
Just addressing some of your issues. If you have a quick release Resi-neck that isn't we can sort this for you by sending you one that is! Occasionally with plastic mouldings the tolerances can change so maybe yours is slightly over tolerance. Give the office a call and they can sort this for you or drop me an email on [email protected] and I can arrange this for you. If the hose is leaking on the Quick Release John Guest connector then it should be cured by fully pushing the hose into the connector on the side it is leaking.

As has already been said dropping the lever on the Resi-neck to the bottom of the neck will get it out of the way of the hose.

The clamps are quite different to the streamline clamps and will take a little getting used to. However long term the lateral clamping mechanism provides a stronger more direct action. They are also a lot more compact lengthways which helps these poles have a better closed length to extended length ratio.

I`ve never suffered any of these issues and would give slx poles 10 out of 10 every time, and as you can see from Alex Gardiners reply his customer service is also 10 out of 10 every time..

Keep up the good work i`ll never buy a pole from anywhere else..

slx pole is good i use it everyday

i was cleaning a pub and my slz didnt reach so wwent home got my smax

first time i used it properly ... and its very good /emoticons/smile.png

The first week I had my sl-x I was forever pulling the brush off instead of pulling the first section out. Soon got used to it. Still excellent, and the best customer service.

thats the one

The first week I had my sl-x I was forever pulling the brush off instead of pulling the first section out. Soon got used to it. Still excellent, and the best customer service.

Back