Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wagtail on the unger pole?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yes at home so I can check.I do not use it because it leaves water so it is at home.
i saw a u tube vid where another brand rubber and channel was easily put on a wagtail i think it was an ettore

You can add a liquidator channel very easily due to the shape

I'm sure others would fit well too

i saw a u tube vid where another brand rubber and channel was easily put on a wagtail i think it was an ettore
This mod applies to any standard channel. The guy who has the video on the Ettore Channel is the US window cleaner Steve O, although I personally find the balance feels strange, channel too heavy.

This is my latest 'non-destructive way of optimising a Wagtail handle and disc to accommodate the Liquidator channel.

1. Wagtail PC... Untouched... :)

2. Liquidator channel replicating angle of original channel. Note 'fresh air' at top of channel.

3. Velcro strip used for packing 5-8mm strip to be taped to internal gap. Test fit, if not very firm to slide channel in add a touch more packing.

4. Leave some overhang that can be supported when inserting channel so that there is no fouling between channel, Velcro and the disc.

5. Finished. Note that screw is not required. I have my end clips tight enough to hold the rubber.

6. Good to go. Note that if you don't like it, remove channel, remove packing and 'return to the status quo'. No Wagtails were crippled in this experiment... :)

View attachment 5425

View attachment 5426

really like the non destructive .method i want to improve my tools i cant afford to wreck any of my tools experimenting' i dog eared a couple of pullex chanels that i wasnt to worried if i messed it up cause i didnt like them to much' they came out ok though.love all the cool mods on the wag tail must admit i am a bit nervous to take the plunge and do anything permanent that may not improve its performance' for me .but if its tried and proven i will give it a go

Definitely change the angle of the handle to 20° even if that's the only thing you do..so much nicer to use and no more strain on the wrist

Back