wagtail precision glide.

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by mark, Aug 8, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. mark

mark Forum Addict

mine arrived this week.only had a chance 2 play with it today.(currently use a liquidator on a wagtail handle)the idears - great & works well if you use washing up liquid bottles like wagga,which I would apply to the glass rather than to the small applicator.the only problem is the plastic clips for that dog eared effect in my opinion are not very good.so I had a brain wave & slid one of my old dog eared wagtail channels on & its works an absolute treat.boring I know just thought id share this.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. H MAN

H MAN Forum Addict

#2 H MAN, Aug 8, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
    So why do you actually need a clip on the end of any squeegee it is just another thing that creates a problem.
    All the DIY clips we made did work just as good on the wide body channels (Sorbo type ) and still using them.
    Although different material put on another way as well.
    Got a few Wagga type mods that we did on wide body channels just not dog eared.
    Lastly flattened the ends of all squeegee channel so it risers a little higher on the ends of channel.
    So found all modifications work.
    But ideally have no clips at all.
    Plus you do not have to change your technique in the way you use your squeegee.
    Just saying.

3. Eric Gilliand

Eric Gilliand Well-Known Member

One of the major benefits of the Liquidator plastic clips is how 'gentle' they are on frames and glass if you accidentally bang the end of the squeegee against it. I also find with my standard dog eared channels that I have to check that the ends are still smooth as they tend to 'rough' up thereby creating the potential for easier scratching.

4. H MAN

H MAN Forum Addict

Regarding the ends of the channel dip the ends in that liquid rubber.??

Advertisement