Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New pole hose idea

WCF

Help Support WCF:

marlowswindows

Just ordered some of the below in 5mm diameter going to try it out and see how it goes. Getting sick off all different types pole hose I've tried so thought I'd try this.
has anybody tried this before?

£1 per meter I'd be happy to.replace monthly if it played nicely in that time

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240322_160004_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20240322_160004_eBay.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 6
Just ordered some of the below in 5mm diameter going to try it out and see how it goes. Getting sick off all different types pole hose I've tried so thought I'd try this.

I tried it worked for ages no issues just heavy when I changed my univalve I switched back to the black window cleaning warehouse stuff

@marlowswindows I'd been using the gardiner green pu hose until recently. I liked it but found it far too springy. I've just started using their newer ultraflex hose and so far so good. If it plays up though I'll just go back to the black window cleaning warehouse stuff - although it was a bit cheap it did generally cause the least problems. I know a window cleaner who uses the clear hose in your photo. He says it's fine but it felt a little bit heavy to me.

I've used numerous different pole hoses over the years and I've came to realise that almost all the problems I've had with pole hoses twisting and kinking has been down to the way I've used it more than the hose itself.

All hoses have a coiling memory when new due to the manufacturing process. However, once they have been used for a while they generally lose it. After that any problems I've had have usually been because of the way I've used it.

When I work I nearly always turn to my left when I move from window to window. This induces an anticlockwise twist into the hose as I work, and If I do nothing to correct it in no time my hose starts twisting up and generally getting in a right mess. So each time I leave a window I turn my pole one turn clockwise. This for me works quite well. It's not perfect as I occasionally forget but my hose quickly reminds me. When that happens I'll disconnect it, untwist it and reconnect.

At the moment I have the Gardiner reinforced hose on everything
100m of it on reel and 20m of it on backpack
Alex says not suitable for reel hose but I think it’s a lot easier to use than micro/mini bore

At the moment I have the Gardiner reinforced hose on everything
100m of it on reel and 20m of it on backpack
Alex says not suitable for reel hose but I think it’s a lot easier to use than micro/mini bore
That's very interesting mate. What fitting do you use to pole itself?

I've used numerous different pole hoses over the years and I've came to realise that almost all the problems I've had with pole hoses twisting and kinking has been down to the way I've used it more than the hose itself.

All hoses have a coiling memory when new due to the manufacturing process. However, once they have been used for a while they generally lose it. After that any problems I've had have usually been because of the way I've used it.

When I work I nearly always turn to my left when I move from window to window. This induces an anticlockwise twist into the hose as I work, and If I do nothing to correct it in no time my hose starts twisting up and generally getting in a right mess. So each time I leave a window I turn my pole one turn clockwise. This for me works quite well. It's not perfect as I occasionally forget but my hose quickly reminds me. When that happens I'll disconnect it, untwist it and reconnect.
I do the same but I always have to turn anticlockwise
I give the pole a few spins whenever I see loops forming rather than all the time

I do exactly the same thing and have narrowed it down like you to the fact that I always turn away from the window in a particular direction so each house gets one spin to keep it untwisted.

I cant figure this, when I do a window I then just move along to the next one, but im not twisting the hose or pole around, so I cant see how its happening. I did find the basic pole hose that came with new gardiners pole great compared to this naff stuff im now using, cheap red stuff that soap national sold, tried to get the good stuff, they didnt have in the shop at the time. Gotta get round to changing it. Amazing how you can just soldier on when life could be so much easier ?

I cant figure this, when I do a window I then just move along to the next one, but im not twisting the hose or pole around, so I cant see how its happening. I did find the basic pole hose that came with new gardiners pole great compared to this naff stuff im now using, cheap red stuff that soap national sold, tried to get the good stuff, they didnt have in the shop at the time. Gotta get round to changing it. Amazing how you can just soldier on when life could be so much easier
My hose gets turned every time I fire it in the van lol

The worst choice of hose in my opinion.
Very weather dependent where it's soft in summer and rock hard in winter
Due to it's texture I will not work in John guest push fit female rinse bars or brush jets.

It tends to also suffer from memory effect and coils tightly when laid out

I wouldn't use it again on anything other than a sprayer

Latest Posts

Back