Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Problem with low pressure, slow flow.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

When you are a long way from base then that makes sense. ?

I have a spare pump on the shelf at home.
Don't fancy travelling 300 miles turning water on and nothing. I know the chance of one just failing is slim so the chance of both failing even greater but when the diesel cost of coming home would be more than the cost of a pump it's a no brainer.

Does everyone carry a spare pump and controller? I do have a spare used pump should mine fail. But I don’t carry a new controller. I have spares of everything else though. 

Do you think I should invest in one? Just thought it would end up with no guarantee, that’s if they come with one ?
Personally no as you say they will age and possibly not be needed for  a long time I have a spare one as we have 7 controllers in the vans and cannot afford down time , so need to be able to change one immediately if it goes down .  

Do you think I should invest in one? Just thought it would end up with no guarantee, that’s if they come with one ?
I don't, for the same reason you pointed out. Warranty time limit. I carry spares for most things in the van and I keep a spare loaded hose reel at home.

Does everyone carry a spare pump and controller? I do have a spare used pump should mine fail. But I don’t carry a new controller. I have spares of everything else though. 
Yes spare new pump in a box under the passenger seat and a brand new Spring V11 in the glove box with a new univalve 

Just need a spare van to tow behind me 

Just after I started wfp I broke one of those plastic Y barbs feeding both jets on my brush. I have no idea how I managed to break it. I ordered a replacement first class mail early afternoon. It took 4 days to arrive. (I only had 1 brush head.) I hunted everywhere for a replacement, ie, B&Q and Halfords. Tried an irrigation supplier. Nothing. On the 4th day I woke up and went to our Local motor factors. He had a T not a Y. That was fine. It cost 50p, but it cost me nearly 4 day's work.

I swore I would have a stock of what I thought were important parts. I have a spare pump and I also have a spare controller. If I blow a controller up, loosing a day's work costs more than the replacement controller. It's just the way I think.

I stripped one of the first Aquadaptors to order a replacement (gas) on off valve, a control wheel and a couple of springs. He then changed the design several times, so ended up with stuff I would never use. Then he stopped making the Aquadaptor and out came the Univalve. But that's the way it goes. We can't always rely on next day delivery like we could do at one time.

I also have a spare pole on the van. It is setup with a flocked brush, but the brush can be easily swapped for a monofilament brush if needed.

I have 6 sets of prefilters and have a new r/o membrane. My membrane is now over 8 years old and will need replacing sooner rather than later. I wouldn't normally order a membrane for stock, but there was a shortage of Axeon HF5 membranes a few months back. It was on back order for 3 - 4 months before I got it. I have a bag of resin with one change removed. That will last me another 3 years.

What I don't have is a spare battery, but then I think I could find something that would work, even if it was a starter battery.

That’s a long list of spares. I do have quite a lot of spares but not a controller. 
Your right,  can not rely on next day post now. I’ve actually been looking through all my spare stuff, to see if I need replacements. 

That’s a long list of spares. I do have quite a lot of spares but not a controller. 
Your right,  can not rely on next day post now. I’ve actually been looking through all my spare stuff, to see if I need replacements. 
The thing is that things move on. My spare controller is the last model Varistream they made which I didn't like. I've modified it by adding an on off rocker switch. Now Williamson Pumps no longer make or supply Varistreams.

Had I had a Spring controller as a spare, it would have been a V11. Now Spring have the V16 which, in my books, is a much improved controller.

BTW, I bought that controller about 9 years ago as a spare. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing is that things move on. My spare controller is the last model Varistream they made which I didn't like. I've modified it by adding an on off rocker switch. Now Williamson Pumps no longer make or supply Varistreams.

Had I had a Spring controller as a spare, it would have been a V11. Now Spring have the V16 which, in my books, is a much improved controller.

BTW, I bought that controller about 9 years ago as a spare. ?
The thing is when you try your best to look after the equipment it seems to last. I agree things do move on. My controller is the analogue one, I like the ease of it. It’s so simple to use, it’s nearly 5 years old now. 
You might get retired before you use the controller then ??

The thing is when you try your best to look after the equipment it seems to last. I agree things do move on. My controller is the analogue one, I like the ease of it. It’s so simple to use, it’s nearly 5 years old now. 
You might get retired before you use the controller then ??
Reality check. I might die before I get to use that controller but thanks for using the word retire. ?

You can’t die???your needed on here with all your info. Keep going and don’t think about it?retire yes if you must. 
Thanks for your kind and encouraging words. I'll try my best. ?

Unless an Act by God happens in the near future, I'm afraid I won't get out of this place alive. That's the bitter truth. The hole I will leave behind is the same hole that's left behind after you withdraw your hand from a bucket of water. I'm not being morbid, it's just reality. Life goes on. When I was young I never gave this subject any thought, but now I realize and know I'm now on borrowed time.

I'm nowhere near as knowledgeable as some others on here. What some of them have forgotten I still have to learn.

We have really got off topic with this thread! ?

Thanks for your kind and encouraging words. I'll try my best. ?

Unless an Act by God happens in the near future, I'm afraid I won't get out of this place alive. That's the bitter truth. The hole I will leave behind is the same hole that's left behind after you withdraw your hand from a bucket of water. I'm not being morbid, it's just reality. Life goes on. When I was young I never gave this subject any thought, but now I realize and know I'm now on borrowed time.

I'm nowhere near as knowledgeable as some others on here. What some of them have forgotten I still have to learn.

We have really got off topic with this thread! ?
Of topic yes but at least we have had a smile on a few faces ???

One for you and I @spruce

I reckon we "was hatched" in the same era and I have the same stoic recognition of my mortality as you haveScreenshot_20220208-213855_YouTube.jpgThe lyrics are worth a proper listen.

Latest Posts

Back