Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wagtail

• Thread starter Stayclearwindowcleaning
  • Start date
WCF

Help Support WCF:

I drill out the rivets and knock the metal cone off

Replace with unger crank

Optiloc cone pushes straight into wag handle

[media]

[/media]Instead of using that plastic bit like wagga i used a few inches of the end off my old optiloc pole which fills the gap perfectly

Wagga said there is a screw on bit that goes on the end of the Harris bit I can't find it any where. If I can't find that bit will go down the same road as u. Thanks for the vid

Finding it hard closing out. I've got it on a Harris pole with the angle adapter (wagtail). Benn practising on a second-floor window buts keeps hitting the sill.
When the sills make it awkward to close-out on higher levels.....fan down as far as you can go and close-out on the side of the window ie horizontal stroke :thumbsup:.

Going in to my local shop today to get the unger adjustable crank will get it fitted today hopefully

I fan windows like this on a pole even at height and it works perfectly

The adjustable crank just allows you to get that angle at height

Even small windows i will start the same so with a bit of thought where to start in each one you can avoid detailing

About 2 minutes 35 it starts

[media]

[/media]

Makes it look easy. Thanks for the vid. Just been in and ordered the unger adjustable crank going to practice all weekend. Just sent a request on Facebook thanks h man

@H MAN maybe you can post your vid to change the wagtail angle as i can't find it

It really makes a difference when using it on a pole with closing out issues and i won't use 1 by hand without doing it

Used that razer rubber today daveyboy brilliant it's on all my channels now thanks

It's silicon whereas normal rubbers are natural rubber

Lasts a hell of a lot longer

Had a go with the pole today as well. Getting there slowly have a never go tomorrow helps a lot with that Angle crank with my closing out

I found the vid

This is what i do to all wagtail handles on eric and hermans recommendation and makes closing out even easier

Less strain on the wrist as a hand tool also

[media]

[/media]

Will give it a go tomorrow. Knowing me I will break it lol will let u know how I get on. Forgot to say I got the Combo today it's a lot easier then the position glide

You won't break it lol

I just heat mine with my heat gun and bend using the gap on my battered old workmate

Just heat it gradually and test it until it is hot enough rather than burning the plastic

It makes so much difference to how it feels and works on a pole as the adjustable angle can be a bit more bent to allow you to miss sills etc

Will give it a go tomorrow. Vid would be good daveyboy see where I'm going wrong. Thanks for all or help daveyboy. Been a great help

No worries mate

I had the help of polzn bladz for advice where i was going wrong to get me better and a bit of advice from mr Dawber

We all gotta learn somewhere

Just done the 20% angle on the handle what a difference on closing out thanks

Back