Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Waiting on payments

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I have 48 customers currently late by 3 days or more as of now ??

Have you contacted him yet? Or gone back to his house? 

All you can really do is phone,text and call the home. When I first brought my round I had customer whos house was £25, did I try twice and never got the payment. I left texts, made calls and went around to no avail, some people just take advantage period.

my way of dealing with them is they only get two chances, that's final! Hope you still get your money mate, sounds like you worked your balls off on that place? 

I sent him a reminder text today, no response @Maund

Is pretty tempting if I don’t get a payment in the next few weeks, but it’s a risk where it could backfire on me.

I personally like the early sunday morning option lol - I could just imagine myself turning up knocking on someones door at 7:45 (or earlier) "Oh hi guys i was just passing by and remembered you've not paid me - and not responded.. thought i'd stop by and collect in person! - oh you don't have cash? No worries i'm this way every sunday morning - not normally as late as this so i'll see you next week about 6:30" lol

Failing that, i suppose a money claim online might be a better option - it's why i keep a carbon copy of my invoices as proof of what was issued to the customer.

Last edited by a moderator:
All you can really do is phone,text and call the home. When I first brought my round I had customer whos house was £25, did I try twice and never got the payment. I left texts, made calls and went around to no avail, some people just take advantage period.

my way of dealing with them is they only get two chances, that's final! Hope you still get your money mate, sounds like you worked your balls off on that place? 
I dropped down to once chance. So each clean needs to be paid before the next. Saves too much building up.

At bottom of every bill i put

'Payment within 48hrs where possible is appreciated'

Then on 7 days i send a text just saying

'My wifes just done my accounts, and has notivced weve still not recieved payment for your clean on ** July.

Ive attatched bank details and amount due, incase theyve been lost or misplaced"

I just send a text along the lines of "(auto) hi X weeks ago i did your windows and i've still not been paid". The auto bit removes any personal issues as it looks like it was sent by an automated process. To a point it is, i schedule the texts lol but have started marking non paid jobs on my calendar with a £ symbol so they can be picked up by another process i'm working on... which WILL send them automatically..

Latest Posts

Back