Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WALLS & Fences

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Text for locked gates, I don't climb under any circumstances I'm 5ft and shrinking and if top bolt isn't out of a gate I ain't chewing on but I am wfp not trad

Do you guys ignore customers with high walls and chances that you need to climb over or. Charge extra
I’m by no means as experienced as others on here. I do both WFP and Trad; mainly only do trad on very old national trust properties.

I have a couple of rules with access issues that I go by. If I have to get a step ladder out to reach or see a window I add an extra £5 on price, so a £20 house becomes £25. I tell them when quoting usually and no one’s complained yet. I’m 6ft 5 btw so it doesn’t happen too often.

If I turn up and they’ve forgotten to unlock the gate or changed the code I’ll just do what I can. If there’s only a couple of windows I’ve missed I charge full price but if it’s half the house I take £5 off. At no point would I take half the price off for missing half the house. That price includes travel, water, the privilege of my company and the assurance that I’ll come back. Whether it’s a £20 house or a £60 house I’ve never taken more than £5 off. I imagine some people wouldn’t take any off; maybe I’m just soft.

There's some il put half the ladder over and jump over. I've never done it without the customers permission first though. Il explain that although I'm not going to damage anything on purpose there not made to be getting jumped on, so if any damage occurs from me doing it then that's on them.

I’m by no means as experienced as others on here. I do both WFP and Trad; mainly only do trad on very old national trust properties.

I have a couple of rules with access issues that I go by. If I have to get a step ladder out to reach or see a window I add an extra £5 on price, so a £20 house becomes £25. I tell them when quoting usually and no one’s complained yet. I’m 6ft 5 btw so it doesn’t happen too often.

If I turn up and they’ve forgotten to unlock the gate or changed the code I’ll just do what I can. If there’s only a couple of windows I’ve missed I charge full price but if it’s half the house I take £5 off. At no point would I take half the price off for missing half the house. That price includes travel, water, the privilege of my company and the assurance that I’ll come back. Whether it’s a £20 house or a £60 house I’ve never taken more than £5 off. I imagine some people wouldn’t take any off; maybe I’m just soft.
Thanks for taking the time that was helpful

Back