Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Waterfed pole spotting.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I use screwfix no nonsense degreaser as it's cheap and easy to get hold of. I haven't tried ubik but I've heard it's good. I think it's a similar kind of thing. 
I spray a couple of sprays onto my brushead for upstairs and spray directly onto the window for downstairs.
Lovely mate....well if you get good results then i may go pick some up!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Lovely mate....well if you get good results then i may go pick some up!

Yeh it works pretty well as a general cleaner and very well as a degreaser. It does help to remove grey from frames but not fully. I mainly use it on 1st cleans but it's great for if someone has had a BBQ under their kitchen window and it's covered with grease!

I use Virosol for first time cleans mixed in a Back Pack with water the same Back Pack is just used for Virosol, I then go over again and the Customer is charged double compared to a regular clean and that's cheap so I'll have to look at this as we pay a lot of attention to detail and it can take 1 and a half hours for a first clean, some suppliers invalidate Warranty's where chemicals are used in Back Packs but Back Packs and Pump Sprayers are designed to use Chemicals and I've had all 4 of mine for 3 years (same batteries and pumps). I tell my customers they will get good results first time and never put negative thoughts in their minds if you are thorough the glass will be clean no one can guarantee there will be zero spotting but we carry out new cleans every week and I get texts and calls complimenting us on our work. 

I use Virosol for first time cleans mixed in a Back Pack with water the same Back Pack is just used for Virosol, I then go over again and the Customer is charged double compared to a regular clean and that's cheap so I'll have to look at this as we pay a lot of attention to detail and it can take 1 and a half hours for a first clean, some suppliers invalidate Warranty's where chemicals are used in Back Packs but Back Packs and Pump Sprayers are designed to use Chemicals and I've had all 4 of mine for 3 years (same batteries and pumps). I tell my customers they will get good results first time and never put negative thoughts in their minds if you are thorough the glass will be clean no one can guarantee there will be zero spotting but we carry out new cleans every week and I get texts and calls complimenting us on our work. 
Awesome mate thanks for that... thats actually a very good idea, dedicating a backpack and perhaps an old wfp and brush with chemicals for the "1st coat" and then switch to pure water to go over it again.

Awesome mate thanks for that... thats actually a very good idea, dedicating a backpack and perhaps an old wfp and brush with chemicals for the "1st coat" and then switch to pure water to go over it again.

You find that when you've used a chemical based detergent the brush slips better off the glass with the pure water this will give you an idea of how well the water is sheeting I just fill the chemical Backpack with customers garden tap water.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am reasonably new but im not poor in quality i wouldnt say. I go over any trad work a few times and buff out any turn marks (i still get a few) and with wfp i intend to go over a couple times to be sure. Alot of people charge a load for 1st clean but ill only charge additional 50% and still use chemicals and go over a couple times to be sure. Ive got a disclaimer saying it could take a couple times but i dont ever wish that will be the case. I will be charging reasonably but not high and will always be happy to go back if need be.

But yeah i need to get a bloody van and a better setup ASAP as its not easy operating like this. Will be a good test for me though for now and i should come out strong on the other side
emoji41.png

Should of worded that better, how about "less experienced". When I had less experience my work was not of the same quality as its is now I have more experience

I think you'll find the same thing.

Should of worded that better, how about "less experienced". When I had less experience my work was not of the same quality as its is now I have more experience

I think you'll find the same thing.
Im sure i will mate...will be great to look back when i have a year or 2 under my belt. Would be amazing to start something 1 day with preloaded experience but you gotta start form the bottom.

Back