Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Spotting !

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I have trade iabilty insurance just incase becos there will be something or somone down the line who tries to con or scam me id be an honest chap if i had caused any damage to anything luckily touch wood probably jinx myself now lol

I've had a one who has the composite doors and it was under 15 yr guarantee it faded on the contours but not the straight flat angles the customer said he'd get back in contact with them they asked him if he had it cleaned by water pole service he said no to them even tho i do because he knows they'd refuse to come out and rectify it, bare in mind i clean countless doors that are this type with no issues the door is in practically full sun majority of the day too im glad he's a great chap we've had a few conversations about the door and he's always been very happy with the work done.
Some of those doors are horrendous for fading no doubt inferior products used, what does surprise is how some people just don't sort it out themselves if it's out of warranty, very easily done with a car detailing product for plastics such as Meguiar's - Natural Shine Protectant which is far better than that horrible silicone oil some installers apply to doors, I used the one I linked above years ago when we had a black composite door that got full sun it never faded at all.

I have got customers that have had faded doors after a few years and they just paid for another one to be fitted pure madness, these are customers I rarely see though

Has anyone ever had experience with windows that no matter how many times you clean them they spot ?
I have about three panes that have a super-fine lacquer on them. I cleaned off a corner with with a huge nose to glass scrubbing effort using Isopropanol - These panes always have a crazed appearance when looked at off centre. Maybe the panes you have issues with have a surface coating you can't see and if affects your result? (True spotting occurs when a dirty water droplet is left to dry so after the water evaporates all that is left is that bit of dirt that was encapsulated in the droplet - it just sits on the glass where the droplet was).

Some of those doors are horrendous for fading no doubt inferior products used, what does surprise is how some people just don't sort it out themselves if it's out of warranty, very easily done with a car detailing product for plastics such as Meguiar's - Natural Shine Protectant which is far better than that horrible silicone oil some installers apply to doors, I used the one I linked above years ago when we had a black composite door that got full sun it never faded at all.

I have got customers that have had faded doors after a few years and they just paid for another one to be fitted pure madness, these are customers I rarely see though
I had a customer use cuprinol shed paint it looked just as good as the doors done by professional upvc sprayers its nbeen on about 6months so I'll see over time how it goes

It’s more difficult as you walk away leaving a window wet and can’t see the finished results lot of the time but 99% of the time on jobs we do check it’s vary rare to have a problem if we get a handful of complaints in a year it’s been a very bad year , I can’t remember the last time we had a single complaint , use 000 water good scrub and rinse = clean windows ho spots .

Tend to agree with this, unless your half arseing it then the windows are perfect when they dry, with none of the marks left that doing it the old way leaves.

Only problem I've had is the old pvc windows that do leave some marks because of the milky residue, I trad them

I have trade iabilty insurance just incase becos there will be something or somone down the line who tries to con or scam me id be an honest chap if i had caused any damage to anything luckily touch wood probably jinx myself now lol

I'm not sure if there's much point in this, in the small print it tells you that if you do cause damage you then can't admit it to the customer. Admiting blame night void your claim. A has company reversed into my van a few years ago, snapping my ladder. The road was closed so it was the only van there, they had an metal line across there van where the ladders scrapped, my ladder had white paint from the van on it, the scratch on there van was exactly the height of where the ladder on my roof rack sits. The driver said he didn't do it though which is what he's meant to say.

Even with that evidence they didn't pay out. Unless I found someone who seen them do it or had it on camera then it wouldn't be paid, I was told this by them.

When I asked my insurance if someone would need to have seen me or have footage of me causing damage would it mean they wouldn't pay out, they wouldn't answer that question and said every claim different etc.

I don't think that's an acceptable stance for people in our line of work to have to take, it's all repeat custom and in the same streets, if I caused damage and they didn't pay out because the customer couldn't prove it then the neighbour etc would find out too and if they had any sense cancel too.

I'm not sure if there's much point in this, in the small print it tells you that if you do cause damage you then can't admit it to the customer. Admiting blame night void your claim. A has company reversed into my van a few years ago, snapping my ladder. The road was closed so it was the only van there, they had an metal line across there van where the ladders scrapped, my ladder had white paint from the van on it, the scratch on there van was exactly the height of where the ladder on my roof rack sits. The driver said he didn't do it though which is what he's meant to say.

Even with that evidence they didn't pay out. Unless I found someone who seen them do it or had it on camera then it wouldn't be paid, I was told this by them.

When I asked my insurance if someone would need to have seen me or have footage of me causing damage would it mean they wouldn't pay out, they wouldn't answer that question and said every claim different etc.

I don't think that's an acceptable stance for people in our line of work to have to take, it's all repeat custom and in the same streets, if I caused damage and they didn't pay out because the customer couldn't prove it then the neighbour etc would find out too and if they had any sense cancel too.
I can see why due to those circumstances incases of me getting where its been witnessed or evidence can be proven, I'd want that piece of mind rather than a bill plus from a professional angle too looks better they do say the same thing regards driving humps and scrapes never say sorry or admit as you are in affect accepting responsibility

I can see why due to those circumstances incases of me getting where its been witnessed or evidence can be proven, I'd want that piece of mind rather than a bill plus from a professional angle too looks better they do say the same thing regards driving humps and scrapes never say sorry or admit as you are in affect accepting responsibility

When they hit a parked motor the other party has no blame though. Its basically criminal damage.

Back