Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Waterproof workwear

WCF

Help Support WCF:

View attachment 23470

Bought these "waterproof" gloves. from Safteygloves.co.uk.

Unfortunately hands were wet after 5 mins. 

The first cloth I wrung out I was wet.

Tried a second pair with a pole & again soaked in no time at all.

Anyone else had problems with these?

Anyone found any "truely" waterproof gloves?
I agree, everyone raves about them, i think they're ****!

I have serious doubts that waterproof gloves are a good/healthy idea. I used to wear them horrible red rubberised work gloves sometimes in the winter for work. My hands would be sweaty and the gloves would smell terrible after a couple of days. Surely there's no need for hands to be totally dry. Personally I'd rather them get a bit damp but be able to get some air. I recently started using Site gloves from Screwfix in the really cold weather. They are grey and black in colour. I don't have the code number as they are in the van which is gone in for a few small maintenance jobs. I tried the Skytec Argons. No thanks, they're like boxing gloves. Luckily I very rarely need gloves.

View attachment 23470

Bought these "waterproof" gloves. from Safteygloves.co.uk.

Unfortunately hands were wet after 5 mins. 

The first cloth I wrung out I was wet.

Tried a second pair with a pole & again soaked in no time at all.

Anyone else had problems with these?

Anyone found any "truely" waterproof gloves?
For full waterproof gloves (I wear these when it peeing down) are the blue full latex work gloves from screwfix, eventually water will creep in but takes a long time. 

https://www.screwfix.com/p/site-kf460-fully-coated-latex-grip-gloves-blue-black-large/940fr

For general day to day wear through the dryer months I've found the 10 pack of work gloves from costco are great and can be thrown in the washer. 

For cold weather I wear a pair of seal skinz

Hi, I'm looking for good hardwearing waterproof jackets, trousers, boots & gloves.

It needs to actually be waterproof as so much stuff out there stuff out there says it is but after a good many hours in good British rain, I'm soaked through ?

Can anyone recommend any decent gear?

Thanks
My go to pair of pants are trespass dlx softshell, takes around 7 hours of continuous rain to even think about soaking through and are a fleecy type material on the inside so warm aswell

For full waterproof gloves (I wear these when it peeing down) are the blue full latex work gloves from screwfix, eventually water will creep in but takes a long time. 

https://www.screwfix.com/p/site-kf460-fully-coated-latex-grip-gloves-blue-black-large/940fr

For general day to day wear through the dryer months I've found the 10 pack of work gloves from costco are great and can be thrown in the washer. 

For cold weather I wear a pair of seal skinz

My go to pair of pants are trespass dlx softshell, takes around 7 hours of continuous rain to even think about soaking through and are a fleecy type material on the inside so warm aswell
You work in your pants? ??

I bought these https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/durable-waterproof-trousers-500/_/R-p-144363 just arrived today and they seem very good quality, I'll try them out tomorrow and update over the next week

I've always found the ones for hunting are better made, my preferred Deerhunters are quite pricey these days at £90 a pair so thought for £25.00 this could be quite good going off the reviews. 
I have worn these trousers a few times over the past week or so and I am very impressed with them they are a much thicker material than most waterproofs and have a mesh lining they fit me really well which is rare for me with waterproof trousers which are usually a bag of ? and far to long, 

These aren't a over trouser like most sold, I wear a pair of skinny joggers underneath or some lightweight cotton trousers also good that they have belt loops as I use a Moerman trad pouch for a cloth, spray bottle etc which I can wear very comfortably with these I can easily wear them all day very waterproof and windproof also. 

I also bought some of these yesterday https://www.screwfix.com/p/dewalt-barstow-dwc115-004-holster-work-trousers-charcoal-grey-30-w-31-l/408ht very impressed slim fit leg as well and a lot softer feel than other work trousers I've bought in the past nice and lightweight and quick drying 

Latest Posts

Back