Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Removing customers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

SkulBlaker

hey guys, I'm now in the position that I'm going to be removing the straggly one house per street cleans in an area that I do. Don't have the time or inclination to start a big push for extra customers in this area so now that I have a decent run of closer properties I've decided to let the stragglys go as they are more time consuming to me. How would you go about doing it, do I just walk away without saying (don't really want that reputation) or do I explain that I won't be back which would mean knocking on each door as I don't have any other details for them.

i have a letter that i post out to any i want rid. "due to changes in my business insurance i can no longer clean your windows, thank you for your custom "

And what's goes round comes round the windy you've just given your work to might just have an odd customer in an area close to your work

And what's goes round comes round the windy you've just given your work to might just have an odd customer in an area close to your work
And do not forget on the other side of the coin if another window cleaner knocks on their door and said i will do it cheaper they will soon let you know that your services are no longer required i have had a cheaper quote.

For a start you should have contact details for all your customers, I would recommend getting them mate. How can you chase payments or sort other issues without them.

I eould have just text them but since you csnt do that it's really up to you. Just walk away or go knock them. I'd probably knock them when next due, do a clean get money then say this will be your last clean. If no one is in just leave a note.

I don't have their contact details as I know where they stay and these houses are cash only. I'm going to just put a note through each door to let them know.

Probably leave a note and may be say your no longer able to provide services after there next clean, if they have been loyal customers then giving some notice, if you can would go a long way for your name.

I've been doing exactly the same. I've been selling off extra work and nuisance houses to another windie (also called Steve just to confuse things). I inform the customers, who up to now have been fine with it.

I'm only charging twice the amount of the price of the clean instead of the usual 4 or 6 times the value. This way steves getting a bargain and I'm streamlining my business

I've been doing exactly the same. I've been selling off extra work and nuisance houses to another windie (also called Steve just to confuse things). I inform the customers, who up to now have been fine with it.I'm only charging twice the amount of the price of the clean instead of the usual 4 or 6 times the value. This way steves getting a bargain and I'm streamlining my business
How is buying nuisance houses a bargain? Are you telling him they are a PITA?

How is buying nuisance houses a bargain? Are you telling him they are a PITA?
They are only a nuisance for me as they are one house that I have to pull up too, where as all of my round is compact. I sometimes will spend all day in one road.

Steve who buys the houses of me, hasn't got a round nowhere near as big as mine so is happy to do single houses.

I wouldn't dream of selling him cr*p work, us gingers are honest chaps :whistle:

Latest Posts

Back