Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Website

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Lol, I see. Ive done everything you said (i think) would it help if i was signed up to more directorys than the onese you mentioned?
If you submit to the ones I mentioned this'll keep you busy for a while! Try not to do too much in one go. The search engines could think you're trying to game their system. One a day is sufficient. You've got FreeIndex already and I always say that's the most important one for local searches.

The reason directories are good for local searches is because they provide citation for your local profile so make sure you've got as much information on each profile as possible. This is the important bit - MAKE SURE YOUR DETAILS MATCH. Telephone number, address, website all must be exactly the same.

Most directories also provide a backlink which is good for your general SEO.

Also as Dodger mentioned, try to add some of the text as H1. Go into the sitebuilder and highlight some text and change the font style to Header 1. I've only used VistaPrint's site builder briefly but I know it's there. It should make the text go large and bold but do this with your keywords and just ONCE per page.

So page titles and headers are important? I didn't do page titles as it made it look out of place lol..
Yep. titles and headers are very important. The trick is to have them in place whilst inkeeping with the style. It's best to add these are the top of the page so they look more in place. Once you get the hang of it, you can add smaller headers like H3 and H4 to mid-body text.

I feel like using my laptop as a bouncy ball.. Swear to censored word!!! All this is really annoying me lol, can't upload PDFs to yola cos they are pants, can't do this cos they are pants and can't do that because they are pants!. Also currys insurance decided to change my hard drive, loose all my stuff I had saved and now my laptop is on xp rather than 7!

Totally customised mate, looks a bit ott but only took half hour or so. as for quality background is a jpg and that actually could do with optimising a bit reducing file size but like I said won't be there long. Other images are png done in photoshop. pdf isn't the way to go.

Themes are not good on yola like most site builders, I just went for the only free one I could change background, background colour and banner.

no mate, if it was alive id have killed it by now anyway.. lol.. there is not 1 theme that is decent for a window cleaning website /emoticons/biggrin.png yola is a loda beep!

How long have ya had it now, could be worth moving to another registrar and hosting another one somewhere else..

And which theme are you using?

had it few months, only ever spend an hour on it and it pees me off i just turn laptop off haha.. i got it on rounded glass r something its called..

lol, yola? how do you get your designs to stay good quality? and the theme? i dont even want to start on themes :blink:
Switch to Joomla. There's some awesome themes out there and it's probably easier to use than Yola.

Switch to Joomla. There's some awesome themes out there and it's probably easier to use than Yola.
That was my thought Iain, Hosting as little as a couple of quid a month (I know some free ones too), what plug-ins you would need for joomla free ones would do, 1000's of decent free templates but you can buy a really nice premium one for 20 squid.
I use same company as registrar and host fairly cheap.

If you submit to the ones I mentioned this'll keep you busy for a while! Try not to do too much in one go. The search engines could think you're trying to game their system. One a day is sufficient. You've got FreeIndex already and I always say that's the most important one for local searches.

The reason directories are good for local searches is because they provide citation for your local profile so make sure you've got as much information on each profile as possible. This is the important bit - MAKE SURE YOUR DETAILS MATCH. Telephone number, address, website all must be exactly the same.

Most directories also provide a backlink which is good for your general SEO.

Also as Dodger mentioned, try to add some of the text as H1. Go into the sitebuilder and highlight some text and change the font style to Header 1. I've only used VistaPrint's site builder briefly but I know it's there. It should make the text go large and bold but do this with your keywords and just ONCE per page.
Theres no font style called Header 1.

In wysiwig (text editor lol) is there an HTML button or any option to edit html anywhere?

If so you can add the tag yourself, Yola is same h1 tag is attributed to the page heading and didn't want it there so added another and disposed of the heading.

I'm gonna give up today, trying to decide on some design for my site and just too tired I think. Something will come to me but I don't think it's gonna be today.

In wysiwig (text editor lol) is there an HTML button or any option to edit html anywhere?

If so you can add the tag yourself, Yola is same h1 tag is attributed to the page heading and didn't want it there so added another and disposed of the heading.
Yeah I can add html but have no clue how all thew codes work

Back