Weirdest request ever

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Smurf, Jun 17, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Just had a call asking if I worked in town so being on my guard I said no as what sounded like a young lady was a bit distraught. Then I asked why? She then went on to say “I’ve live in a first floor flat and locked myself out. The window is open so was wondering if I could borrow your ladder.” My reply was “does anyone have a spare key you can get.” She says “N0.” I then said “best you call out a locksmith as is very dangerous for anyone to attempt to clamber through a window that high up.

I do hope she does calls out a locksmith don’t you?

Advertisement
  2. rob brooks

rob brooks Newcomer

you should have said yeah ill lend you my ladder, give me £30 and you can borrow it. what would a locksmith call out charge be? £50-£80 ?

perfect money making opportunity lol. i had something similar, customer wanted to borrow ladders whilst i was cleaning the bottoms, he was fixing an external cable, had them for about 5 minutes. He gave me an extra fiver.

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I was more concerned if she had fallen that's why I don't lend or charge ppl to borrow/rent out my ladders as I would not be able to sleep at night.

4. TolishAPurd

Another reason to be careful is that you could end up being the unwitting accomplice to a robbery. Locksmiths have even been known to get calls off people needing to get it to there house, only problem is its not actually thiers, and they've just helped someone break into some poor sods house.

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

The crafty beggers :eek:

6. boarcity

boarcity Guest

i once let a lady use my ladder to climb in an upstairs window when she had locked herself out . in hindsight it was a daft move .

7. Daftoldgit

Daftoldgit Member

I've climbed in windows myself for people who were locked out, a few times - never thought about the burglar side of it till I read this!

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Taking about crims my little sister phoned me up tonight to say that she had been with a film crew today as they wanted a driving instructor to be filmed giving lessons to a chap that was one of the most prolific car thieves in the country as he stole car to order. Turns out he wasn't that great at it as spent 18 years of the 47 years of his life banged up so decided to try turning his life around which is what the documentary is about.

9. TolishAPurd

Did you not think it was a bit strange when they had you carrying electrical goods back down the ladder? o_O

:D

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I bet he was glad it wasn't a 3 seat sofa :D

Advertisement