Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

welcome packs

WCF

Help Support WCF:

This is interesting but as mentioned i cant imagine many would care. I think jake might be on to something with the tri fold leaflet.

I thought maybe one page you could have a couple of boxes for how much you are charging that customer and how often you agreed to clean, few rules or bits of info etc. So firstly they have this info to hand and don't forget! But also they then have the rest of the leaflet telling them about your other services.

tbh i wouldnt pick a sticker on my car lol /emoticons/tongue.png hate that stuff
Funnily enough I'm with you on that.......the only way round it is to try and make them really, really really cool - but that could be ££££

This is interesting but as mentioned i cant imagine many would care. I think jake might be on to something with the tri fold leaflet.I thought maybe one page you could have a couple of boxes for how much you are charging that customer and how often you agreed to clean, few rules or bits of info etc. So firstly they have this info to hand and don't forget! But also they then have the rest of the leaflet telling them about your other services.

Yeah that's the thinking I was alluding to, I reckon it could be a winner...

I like that idea gav and ideal for what I need too. I already do something similar for my leaflets, but without an area for that customers prices etc. Infact I am going to sketch one up right now. Brilliant! I owe you a beer /emoticons/biggrin.png

Having a stall at a local event, library, chamber of commerce, expo, car boot or something, and showing a portfolio, giving out balloons to kids, bottle openers to dads and moms could be a good way to sign up a bunch of work I'd imagine done right

Having a stall at a local event, library, chamber of commerce, expo, car boot or something, and showing a portfolio, giving out balloons to kids, bottle openers to dads and moms could be a good way to sign up a bunch of work I'd imagine done right
Car boot sales with a stand is always a good one so I hear...

The more I think about these packs, the more I think I would rather just use the money to put out an advert in a paper that is going to thousands of homes of potential new custies, rather than just the people you have already snagged.

The more I think about these packs, the more I think I would rather just use the money to put out an advert in a paper that is going to thousands of homes of potential new custies, rather than just the people you have already snagged.
That is true. You may be able to sell those customers some extra services but yeah suppose you could just get more customers.

just done a year parish mag monthly for £15.

Maybe giving a metal card or bottle opener but with the add-on to existing custies, come the season they'll remember to book (and set the money aside), Something like

'Remember to book Jonny for gutters this autumn (phone number)'

reckon i will get one underway this weekend. maybe put an example of my gift certificates inside the welcome pack

by the way, how do you think sales of my gift certs are going?

A. SOLD 4

B.SOLD 11

C.SOLD diddley squit

That is true. You may be able to sell those customers some extra services but yeah suppose you could just get more customers.
I suppose a lot of it is down to the individual. I'm very good at selling services to existing customers once I have my foot in the door, but rubbish at canvassing. So an advert would probably be more worth to me.

Nice one Damo so how do you find this? What do you put in them etc how to the customers take to them? As in when you hand them over do they look at you as if to say uh you just my window cleaner.

Nice one Damo so how do you find this? What do you put in them etc how to the customers take to them? As in when you hand them over do they look at you as if to say uh you just my window cleaner.
we employed P dale to canvass for us and continues todo so to "fill gaps" and improve rounds.

The packs were created to reduce customer calls, complaints and questions.

On a new canvassed customer i would say;

Hi It's Damien from LGB Vision i am here to clean the windows. Here is a free info pack, don't worry no contracts! Have a read through while i clean your windows.

After i have cleaned the windows i would re knock. Customer knows how we clean, why we clean using the system, when we will turn up and how to pay.

On some jobs direct debit has been set up before i have even finished the house.

I am aiming for 100% customer automation. This means hardly any contact.

I want my customers to;

Search for a window cleaner

Find us

Set up direct debit

never think of us again.

I want them to see window cleaning as a bill not a luxury or a whim.

I have been going down this route for nearly 2 years. It's a fantastic way to run a business (may not be for everyone)

We are family run and this is still evident.

Today i spotted a wasp nest at 2.45pm customer was textd and my father called in at 5pm to treat. 6pm the nest was done.

with regards to the packs i have.....

Type of customers

Is New Build Vs Old Build Vs Young customer Vs Old Customers.

The packs also "upsell" products with offers and also high street voucher rewards.

However on a new build i wouldn't push some services. For example i don't clean a conny on just under 250 new builds. So i wouldn't bother including a conny offer. I would however include a different discount/offer to influence growth of my round in that area.

it's possible to build compact rounds still you just need to look at the competition and do the opposite.

Back