Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

West of Scotland culture

WCF

Help Support WCF:

scottish cleaning service

We have a thing up here called the west of Scotland culture which doctors talk about. It can go down the path of what football team one supports. Its a toxic mix where some folk don't like to see someone being successful and means many live in bitterness and eats away at them. I didn't think they had it down South but after reading some posts I see it does. If someone posts something you don't like then just ignore it or ignore them because all it does is eats away at you and your business. I am in a very fortunate position with no debt and a good pension so I don't have any money worries. I only try and help folk but some folk are beyond this stage in their unhappy life. The best thing I ever did was to ignore toxic folk and concentrate on my own business and what works there you will find the answer. The answer to wealth is "multi streams of income" there lies the answer. If you are still not happy then just ignore me and my method of work its not doing your health or business any good. I hope this helps. ?

West of Scotland culture lol weegies (slang term for people from glasgow) have a different mentality, I was in the flute bands for 20 years, there's more police at the Glasgow parade than what's needed at the Belfast 12th parade as people can't behave, people will put a bottle over someone's head without giving it a second thought as if that kind of thing is somehow an acceptable way to attack someone.

West of Scotland culture lol weegies (slang term for people from glasgow) have a different mentality, I was in the flute bands for 20 years, there's more police at the Glasgow parade than what's needed at the Belfast 12th parade as people can't behave, people will put a bottle over someone's head without giving it a second thought as if that kind of thing is somehow an acceptable way to attack someone.
At a Millwall v West Ham game that sought of thing is expected ?

At a Millwall v West Ham game that sought of thing is expected ?

There's trouble all over Scotland that stems from when rangers play celtic, always fancied going to Upton Park for a big game but never did,

Only a few years ago glasgow was the murder capitol in Europe. Remember watching a programme a few years ago to and they were doing a countdown of dangerous cities. Statistically you had a higher % chance of getting stabbed in Glasgow than anywhere else in Europe. That genually shocked me when you think of some of the s holes in Europe.

There's trouble all over Scotland that stems from when rangers play celtic, always fancied going to Upton Park for a big game but never did,

Only a few years ago glasgow was the murder capitol in Europe. Remember watching a programme a few years ago to and they were doing a countdown of dangerous cities. Statistically you had a higher % chance of getting stabbed in Glasgow than anywhere else in Europe. That genually shocked me when you think of some of the s holes in Europe.
Only been there once. In the eighties. Scotland v England in the old Rouse cup. 0-0 draw.
Outside was incredibly tasty ?.

Stayed the night in Edinburgh, completely different. Very welcoming to us superior English ??

Only been there once. In the eighties. Scotland v England in the old Rouse cup. 0-0 draw.
Outside was incredibly tasty ?.

Stayed the night in Edinburgh, completely different. Very welcoming to us superior English ??

Edinburgh is quite nice, I don't care for international football to much but was in Newcastle for the last scotland v england game before the euros when it was 2-2. Most of the stag party I was with went mental when scotland equalised, I said at the time, imagine a group of English people doing similar in a Scottish pub, I've visited England more than a dozen times over the years and never once had any animosity towards me for having a Scottish accent, they couldn't have been any nicer tbh. To many up here have watched to much brave heart though and have resentment towards England for some strange reason. Thankfully there in the minority though so scotland won't be getting independence anytime soon. :)

Edinburgh is quite nice, I don't care for international football to much but was in Newcastle for the last scotland v england game before the euros when it was 2-2. Most of the stag party I was with went mental when scotland equalised, I said at the time, imagine a group of English people doing similar in a Scottish pub, I've visited England more than a dozen times over the years and never once had any animosity towards me for having a Scottish accent, they couldn't have been any nicer tbh. To many up here have watched to much brave heart though and have resentment towards England for some strange reason. Thankfully there in the minority though so scotland won't be getting independence anytime soon. :)
Had many a night in Edinburgh watching the rugby and many a night in Glasgow on business. Must admit the majority of which were in the West end, probably closest I got to the East end was the Merchant City near George Square. Doubt an Englishman would be safe any further East

I lived in Glasgow for two years as my ex partner was from there, lived in what they know as 'a scheme' for some of that too, never had any problems in all fairness.

Had many a night in Edinburgh watching the rugby and many a night in Glasgow on business. Must admit the majority of which were in the West end, probably closest I got to the East end was the Merchant City near George Square. Doubt an Englishman would be safe any further East

There's a few good pubs on the west end, went with a girl from there for a few years. Our snp govermeant are part to blame for the English resentment, the people who vote for them are more like a cult. When covid was on you had lunatics at the border with signs saying england out of scotland, change that to black,
Pakistanis etc and your arrested. When people put flags up for the children's galadays I don't put a scotland flag up anymore as they have hijacked it as an snp symbol. Leaves more room for the union flags though I suppose, every cloud and all.

We have around 2,7 million tax payers in Scotland, and the cult believe that our 2.7 million somehow manages to subsidise England, utter madness.

I think back in the day with the oil prices we would have put in more than we recieved and maybe in the future we will again. That hasn't been the case for years though.

Last edited:
You can't keep crying if you get called out for the pony you talk on here.

I have noticed that if someone offers you advise or a different opinion on how to do something if your blinkered vision dosn't agree then your answer is always that they/we must be jealous or bitter of your so called success.

Most people are very happy with them selves and quite a few do very well and like to see others do well but no one likes a constant bragger.There is a lesson in staying humble.

Multi streams is true to an extent especially for a passive income but you can do very, very well if you just concentrate on one.

I lived in Glasgow for two years as my ex partner was from there, lived in what they know as 'a scheme' for some of that too, never had any problems in all fairness.

What one was it ? Used to go to Drumchapel bookies quite often. I didn't get any problems either tbh, I've followed rangers over Europe too so I've been around glasgow people quite often. I just think the mentality of them is different to other places. Bottles over the head etc in a fight doesn't really raise an eyebrow lol

What one was it ? Used to go to Drumchapel bookies quite often. I didn't get any problems either tbh, I've followed rangers over Europe too so I've been around glasgow people quite often. I just think the mentality of them is different to other places. Bottles over the head etc in a fight doesn't really raise an eyebrow lol
It was Arden which is close to Silverburn if you know of it, I found most people to be quite laid back to be fair

sounds a bit like London....

Nice to hear you say it and you're spot-on - if the same things were said about people of colour there'd be outrage but if it's against the English it's OK. I suppose some of it stems back to the days of Edward I, late 13th century, 'hammer of the Scots' etc....but only 700+ years ago so it's ridiculous. But then the French have still got the hump about Agincourt in 1415. It's amazing how people are able to feel aggrieved by ancient history that had nothing to do with them and shape it to fit their own bias, e.g. we abandoned France at Dunkirk....which very conveniently ignores the fact that 100,000+ of the soldiers rescued were French.

The ironic thing is I think this is a very tolerant country and most of us haven't got a problem with pretty much anyone....which is why we can now sometimes feel like a foreigner in our own country.

Latest Posts

Back