Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wfp. is it a pain

WCF

Help Support WCF:

:pI think you must be getting old abs
I am a sicko who enjoys trad

I daresay i will end up doing tops wfp eventually but will never stop doing bottoms trad

I would prefer to hone my wagtail skills on a pole if i can as less aggro but i like the idea of wfp

Just seems hassle (tds, ro, di, etc etc)

A bucket of water never breaks down
I said I was going to trad all the bottoms but you end up putting away wfp kit to take out trad kit. After a while you are stood looking at a downstairs window whilst holding a pole..............it was too tempting for me and then you do another and another. /emoticons/smile.png

Something I find odd in a way. Loads of people have the pole, brush end out. SO you have a wet brush facing you. Don't you get a wet hand. I normally place it on floor until end of shift...brush end first. Then place on hooks
If you are using a tube to hold the poles then you to put them in that way.

I have hooks (gutter brackets TBH) so the brush head goes in first.

Something I find odd in a way. Loads of people have the pole, brush end out. SO you have a wet brush facing you. Don't you get a wet hand. I normally place it on floor until end of shift...brush end first. Then place on hooks
I just turn the goose neck down so the brush is looking down. I don't use a tube. I have formed loops out of old hose pipe and attached them to a batten.

photo uploading

I'm trying to think of a way to stow my pole safely, I like the hose idea.

If I can wrap a section between the holes in my van roof and duct tape them it might save some faffing around with hooks.

Thanks for the advice on the slx SP, I'm glad I didn't get the cheaper one, this ones enough of a learning curve!

I said I was going to trad all the bottoms but you end up putting away wfp kit to take out trad kit. After a while you are stood looking at a downstairs window whilst holding a pole..............it was too tempting for me and then you do another and another. /emoticons/smile.png
Do you think the time saved cancels out the extra cost of pure SP? I'm starting to think, after a trad first clean, up close and inspecting, pole all round would be good, quick, maintenance. Or even reserve a flexibility, on a pleasant warm slow day, trad, on a rainy busy day, pole. It's nice to have options.

I'm trying to think of a way to stow my pole safely, I like the hose idea.
If I can wrap a section between the holes in my van roof and duct tape them it might save some faffing around with hooks.

Thanks for the advice on the slx SP, I'm glad I didn't get the cheaper one, this ones enough of a learning curve!
If you thread the hose over some stiff wire (coat hanger type) you can thread it through any available holes and twist the ends together.....

Do you think the time saved cancels out the extra cost of pure SP? I'm starting to think, after a trad first clean, up close and inspecting, pole all round would be good, quick, maintenance. Or even reserve a flexibility, on a pleasant warm slow day, trad, on a rainy busy day, pole. It's nice to have options.
I think its worth it. If you have to return to the van to put a pole away and reel in hose before grabbing out an 'A' frame, bucket grabbing scrims etc. Personal opinion of course but I found I just kept moving with the pole.

I think when you have mastered WFP and are confident with the system

honestly dont think you will trad bottoms

I only trad shops & doors and the odd house

Probs right duncs, the hose and me were like a fight between man and anaconda, after that will I want to face a fight between man and porcupine? :)

Every job requires some level of equipment maintenance surely? Whether it's PC IT stuff for office types, or changing brushes on a drill or cleaning mixers if you're a builder. There's always gonna be ******* about to be done.

Ideally I want to start tradding first cleans and wfp after that. Just gotta sort my shif out.

Speaking of hose management I was at a job today and you would have thought there was a marathon going on with the amount of runners/joggers on the ******* pavement. Frank my helper was very tempted to pull the hose up as they ran past so they fell over as was peeing him off so much.

Carrying ladder in/out of the van frank was also very tempted to carry them long ways in the attempt to knock a few of them over too./emoticons/biggrin.png

Speaking of hose management I was at a job today and you would have thought there was a marathon going on with the amount of runners/joggers on the ******* pavement. Frank my helper was very tempted to pull the hose up as they ran past so they fell over as was peeing him off so much.
Carrying ladder in/out of the van frank was also very tempted to carry them long ways in the attempt to knock a few of them over too./emoticons/biggrin.png
Frank is an amusing fellow Smurf, he must brighten your day.

I think its worth it. If you have to return to the van to put a pole away and reel in hose before grabbing out an 'A' frame, bucket grabbing scrims etc. Personal opinion of course but I found I just kept moving with the pole.
If doing bottoms trad i would have everything i need on my belt.no bucket no a frame etc

If doing bottoms trad i would have everything i need on my belt.no bucket no a frame etc
Fair enough @daveyboy1 I can see that if equipped with a bucket on a belt set up you would be prepared to work as you go, but how do you reach the tops of some windows? Not all downstair windows can be reached from the ground. A short pole maybe?

I guarantee once you start using wfp @daveyboy1 you will end up somewhere down the lines doing bottoms aswell and end up with a van mount too. :rofl:

For instance I did this one today and wfp the lot including outside of gutters fascia, soffits, painted walls, windows frames and glass. The only time i used my ladders was to clear out the guttering. And by the way that ogee progutter tool worked great:)

View attachment 3749

**** trad work as had my pole in me hand already @daveyboy1 :D

I am not that fat that climbing a ladder is an effort and find lugging my ladders about keeps me from needing the gymThe benefit i see from wfp is safety and that is it as each method does the job

I am starting my diy trolley next week so will need to practice my stick waggling but only for my non glass jobs at the mo as 500+ppm here and not buying ro etc yet but have a lot of fascia jobs etc

One guy wants whole house cleaning and is all pvc cladding so will be good for that

oh good luck with that one daveyboy...I will say ...its good for the muscles...i never really had any but they are popping up after doing all that fascia guttering soffits I did last week...and guess what was waiting for me in my emails....another the same..../emoticons/biggrin.png

I have no idea what smurfy prices to charge for a 3 bed all pvc exterior clean

All walls are brown pvc

Wouldn't take long with wfp and they look quite clean already..no green gunk all over em..more of a maintenance clean on the outsides as he has done em himself before

Back