Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Roof job today

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Job looks clean mate.

Is that a pressure washer? or just a low power washer. I've heard mixed reactions on pressure washer on roofs. Some say it gets under tiles and can cause leeks.

I have one customer who has a conservatory roof who had it power washed (before I did job) and it got into the joints and in the panels. I know its a different case to tiles but when I clean roof tiles its normally just use the old scraping method.

I suppose if ur working from top and working down then there is less chance of causing any damage.

Nice job mate.

Stone work was mentioned too her Smurf , I cleaned the copes on the front off house when we did the roof , harder too tell in the fading light and the house still wet but came up a treat, Barney its a 13hp Honda with an Interpump running a turbo nozzle on the lance set pressure at 1500 psi for slate, ive been power washing slate and tile for 8 years now and not once had water get into a house, roofs in Scotland have too be sheeted with ply then felted then slate or tile on top so little chance off leaks unless your a complete **** with the lance, and obviously you always start at top and work down I know building regs in England are less strict, if im cleaning a conny I use my hot washer at low pressure and a 35 degree nozzle so its nice and soft jet, never had any issues either, got 7 roofs booked up already and another 6 we cleaned last year tae paint and seal , busy times ahead.

I been asked to do a couple o theses in the past,I done the odd roofing jobs,chimney point/removal new ridge tiles n stuff

Is it worth the outlay for the reward,don't want to know what you charge mate.that for you n your wallet /emoticons/wink.png

Just curious

Is it standard pressure wash n petrol genny

Just picking ya brains ta

I never do a roof for less than £250 per day,(slate) tile is harder so charge abour £300 per day for that, vary your price a wee bit higher for dirty roofs, its a Honda 13hp with an Interpump, costs about a grand inc the nozzles etc, for roof work make sure you use a return too tank unloader valve on the pump.

Myself I wouldn't mind having ago on bungalows using cat ladders & fall arrest system but would not want to do higher stuff unless was scaffolded out properly first or work from a picker instead if that was an option.

So Donny I know it's work but if you charge a min of 250 and takes a day with 2 workers that dosen't seem much after you take out costs and wages for the lads.

looks brilliant

here is my last roof ive cleaned - no power washing

mossy_roof.jpg

So what method did you use to clean that roof @sdrah

Nice pics by the way /emoticons/wink.png

well - a bit too much : ) one day and the next morning I cleaned the gutters which was included in the price £240 all together

looks brilliant
here is my last roof ive cleaned - no power washing

mossy_roof.jpg
hi sdrah you done well on the moss removal but i notice the ridge tiles are covered in lichens and also the roof tiles arent properly cleaned

At least you earned a few bob out of it @sdrah and at that price I bet the customers was happy too;)

Back