Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WFP startup kit.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Can anybody tell me if there are any cons of flat tank apart from how it will be placed?

Tried to find something but no luck and can't think about any. 
Potentially a greater risk of air locks, especially if you live in a hilly area. In theory they should be better then upright as it lowers the vans centre of gravity and leaves more space to store gear.

Can anybody tell me if there are any cons of flat tank apart from how it will be placed?

I use a 650ltr Wyedale flat tank in a Merc Vito. It suits our way of working. My son works from the left side door with his reel on the tank, his pump and controller on the bulkhead beside him and his pole to hand laid across the tank. I work from the back doors with all my kit to hand.

We rarely get any issues with air except occasionally if we've been off for more than a week or two. I fitted a nylon non-return valve just above the level of the bottom of the tank. Both pumps are well above the top level of the tank, mounted with the filters and controllers. If you are on very hilly ground then an upright tank may be better but for my area in North Wiltshire and the Cotswolds the flat tank suits me better (lower centre of gravity, better weight distribution and usable space on the top of the tank as @Part Timer)said.

Last edited by a moderator:

My advice would be avoid at all cost I tried one and had nothing but constant hassle with air locks and depending how you are parked 50% of the tank water cannot be used , we do however work in hilly areas that makes the problem far worse  

Back