Wfp trolley diy tutorial

Discussion in 'Tutorials & DIY' started by Pickingpaul, Dec 1, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Pickingpaul

Pickingpaul Forum Addict

#1 Pickingpaul, Dec 1, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
    So to start off you need to gather together all the items youwill need and any tools required. Here is a list of the items including the filteration items as its all part of the working system and needs to be takeninto account before starting.

Trolley=£70ish
    Pole and brush =£99.
    Flteration using DI vessel and x5 25L containers £100
    Battery charger £15

So all in all £285 to get everything u need. You can spend a lot more if u chose. But around £300 is doable.

Step 1. Get all this stuff

1. Trolley (ive used an ikea one here because of the small size and cheap factor £9.99 but a sack truck with pnumetic wheels can cost as low as £45-55)
    image.jpg
    2. Battery. Im using a 9ah 12v battery and cost £15 off ebay
    image.jpg
    3. Pump, mine cost around £20
    image.jpg
    4. Switch £2-3 ebay
    image.jpg
    5. Bolts £3-4 ebay/any hardware store, b&q wikes etc.
    image.jpg
    6.wire for attaching the battery to pump and switch.
    7. Circuit breaker. £1-2
    image.jpg
    8. Junction box/boxes. I used two from b&q and cost £7.50 each
    image.jpg
    9. Luggage strap £1
    10. Connectors, i brought a bag for 50p. Connecting the wires tomthe switch circuit breaker and battery. U will likely need spares.
    11. 6mm or 8mm hose, i used 8mm and broughtit fromgardiner along with my pole and brush.
    12 jubilee clips, small,ones for going around the hose on the pump.
    13. A window cleaningpole and brush, i have a £99 clx 18 from gardiner which comeswith hose brush angle adaptor and fixtures.
    14. 25LWater containers, £3-7 depends where u buy them, i got mine used for £3 each andi have x8
    15 DI vessel with hose connectors and resin. This is if your TDS (total desolved solids) is less than 100, if its more than 100 you will need a RO system. I got my di vessel off ebay for £35 and unger resin was around £50.
    16. Battery charger. £15 ebay

Tools required
    Drill, 13mm metal drill bit
    Pliars
    Screwdrivers
    Small files

Step 2 remove all the screw cornes from only one junction box, this is so the battery will fit, if u are lucky then maybe the battery will already fit or u use a bigger box and fit everything in.
    image.jpg

image.jpg Use some polythene to pack the sides of the box and also on the lid so the battery cant move around. If you are using the same junction boxes I have here then u will only be able to fit a bolt in the top right corner to hold the box to the trolley

The screw holes at the topof the box lids will need to be drilled out and enlarged a bitin order for the bolts to fit through

Advertisement
  2. Pickingpaul

Pickingpaul Forum Addict

Step 3 fix switch to the pump box, i added on the far right as the pump will bein the middle and also the wires will be going right into the battery box. Mark out the size first
    image.jpg

3. Pickingpaul

Pickingpaul Forum Addict

Then drill small holes around the edge and use a small file to smooth the edges, keep trying to put the switch in the hole until its just big enough.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    I added some tape on the inside to make it more stable.

4. Pickingpaul

Pickingpaul Forum Addict

Step 4 drill four holes as pictured and thread zipstraps through and tighten to fix the two boxes together as shown. Drill two small holes at the top where the boxes are joined, these will be to thread wires through later. image.jpg

5. Pickingpaul

Pickingpaul Forum Addict

Sep 5 place the boxes on the back of the middle trolley plate and using a pencil mark three or four holes for the bolts. Then drill the holes, use a tap to make a small dent to get your started.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Use oneof the bolts to make sure the hole is big enough to smoothly go in

6. Pickingpaul

Pickingpaul Forum Addict

#6 Pickingpaul, Dec 1, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
    Step 6 check the boxes fit on, note, the first bolt cant fit with the battery inside unfortunately but the three is quite strong which is whyits important to attach the boxes together with zip straps
    image.jpg

7. Pickingpaul

Pickingpaul Forum Addict

Step 7 cut holes for the hose in the pump box, push the hose through add a jubilee clip then push onto the pump and tighten with the jubilee clips. You will need to put the end of the hose in boiling hot water for around a minute in order to soften it so it can squeeze onto the pump.
    image.jpg
    Attach the black wire from the pump to the bottom connecting on the switch, then attach a wire from the central connection on the switch to the breaker, then a wire from the breaker through the small hole in the boxes, this will later be attached to the black connection on the batter. Thread the red wire from the pump through the other holeinto the battery box, this will be attached to the red connection on the battery

8. Pickingpaul

Pickingpaul Forum Addict

image.jpg
    Attach the battery as shown then fit it carefully into the box and place both lids on

9. Pickingpaul

Pickingpaul Forum Addict

Step 8 fit it onto the trolley using the bolts and tighten the nuts
    image.jpg
    Attach the hose with zipstraps to the trolley frame, in the inlet will go into the water container, cut to the right size. And the outlet hose will be attached to your pole hose, use as much or as little hose length you like, remember the more u use the heavier it will become and weight is a big factor with this trolley so i have given myself around 5m.

10. Pickingpaul

Pickingpaul Forum Addict

image.jpg
    Add the luggage strap around the frame and adjust it so its just right to hug the water containers

Advertisement