Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What’s Your Best Money Maker/Time Saver?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I agree on the forum too. I never mentioned it my first post, but it has to be up there near the top.

Much of the working practices come with experience and confidence. Every days a school day.

Best money maker is you. By that I mean looking after your body and maintaining yourself. It's something that I have neglected recently and am suffering from rsi in shoulder and thumb joints for last year now.

Your back and feet are another huge thing in our game imo. I try to do a little warm up in the morning with my back and always invest in good shoes. What we do if essentially manual labour and it takes its toll on the body.

Rotator cuff from pole work and thumb joints from gripping equipment have been plaguing me in recent times and I have been too busy to rest them. I am a fairly fit guy but I got slack with stretching, foam rolling and icing and I am paying for it.

As self employed guys in a physically demanding job..we need to be looking after ourselves and our bodies. It's something that I rarely hear mentioned on here but is so important.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

This forum and the people on it, who have guided me into making informed decisions on purchasing tried and tested reliable equipment.

Also the forum is a great database of lessons learned/best practice, from people who have worked in the industry for a lot longer than me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of what's being covered. This forum has a friendly chilled vibe, no willy waving or playground antics, Just all of us helping each other out and offering advice and experiences

County Durham Lad

Best money maker is you. By that I mean looking after your body and maintaining yourself. It's something that I have neglected recently and am suffering from rsi in shoulder and thumb joints for last year now.

Your back and feet are another huge thing in our game imo. I try to do a little warm up in the morning with my back and always invest in good shoes. What we do if essentially manual labour and it takes its toll on the body.

Rotator cuff from pole work and thumb joints from gripping equipment have been plaguing me in recent times and I have been too busy to rest them. I am a fairly fit guy but I got slack with stretching, foam rolling and icing and I am paying for it.

As self employed guys in a physically demanding job..we need to be looking after ourselves and our bodies. It's something that I rarely hear mentioned on here but is so important.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Electric reel mate have the same problem with shoulder pain now gone, highly recommend.

Static fill ( fill my 400ltrs van in 4-5 mins)

van mount instead of my loyal trolley and 25ltr barrels

gocardless ( this is the one I’m most exited about atm)

Twin sliding door van makes life easy to have everything at hand no stretching to reach etc.

garage for van and equipment it’s all at hand and relatively safe warm has water and electric I’m very lucky to have it!

a big one for me is radio, podcasts, audiobooks and music, I love lnteresting interviews etc it tickles my brain that needs stimulating at times. Keeps me going or picks up my pace if I’m slowing down

Static fill ( fill my 400ltrs van in 4-5 mins)

van mount instead of my loyal trolley and 25ltr barrels

gocardless ( this is the one I’m most exited about atm)

Twin sliding door van makes life easy to have everything at hand no stretching to reach etc.

garage for van and equipment it’s all at hand and relatively safe warm has water and electric I’m very lucky to have it!

a big one for me is radio, podcasts, audiobooks and music, I love lnteresting interviews etc it tickles my brain that needs stimulating at times. Keeps me going or picks up my pace if I’m slowing down
What delivery pump you got? Mine says 10,000Ls Per HR on the side of it, which I bought 2yrs ago, buts it’s not because it takes 10/11 minutes to fill my 500L tank in van. 

The one at ‘Spot less water’ I used a few times while I was moving house is well fast. Literally took 4-5mins to do my 500L tank from completely empty to completely full.

What delivery pump you got? Mine says 10,000Ls Per HR on the side of it, which I bought 2yrs ago, buts it’s not because it takes 10/11 minutes to fill my 500L tank in van. 

The one at ‘Spot less water’ I used a few times while I was moving house is well fast. Literally took 4-5mins to do my 500L tank from completely empty to completely full.
Not sure of the capacity, I picked it up from screw fix for about £40-50. I use 1 inched hose but it has the capability of delivering through 1.5 inched hose and would fill faster still. Are you using regular hose if so by increasing the hose diameter you greatly increas the transfer rate. That pump with 1.5 should fill 500ltr  in 3 mins flat

10000 ltr

➗

60   = 166.6 ltr per min

500 ltr

➗

166.6 ltr = 3.00 mins

hope it helps

Not sure of the capacity, I picked it up from screw fix for about £40-50. I use 1 inched hose but it has the capability of delivering through 1.5 inched hose and would fill faster still. Are you using regular hose if so by increasing the hose diameter you greatly increas the transfer rate. That pump with 1.5 should fill 500ltr  in 3 mins flat

10000 ltr

➗

60   = 166.6 ltr per min

500 ltr

➗

166.6 ltr = 3.00 mins

hope it helps
Ok thanks. 

This is the pump I use:

And yes I use with the 1inch ribbed plastic hose.

10500LTRS a hour, that’s means it should take 3mins to fill a 500l tank. But it takes  10+Mins.

Oh well not a big deal. 

17393160-319F-455F-9634-B3E1C1EA41CE.jpeg

I got it on a sale on eBay 2 years ago, was £35.00

Back