Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What’s your PPM before DI

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Co. Louth Ireland
265 ppm out of tap.
350gpd ro. 009ppm
30l di vessel 000ppm.

Not had to change anything yet. 16 months in.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Axeon HF5 4040

42PSI Not Boosted,

389 PPM IN - 020/022 PPM Out (before di)

Basildon Essex.

Does anyone have any experience with the HF5 4040 here?

I feel like my PPM is a little high considering I am getting 42PSI from my tap, does it seem high to anyone else?

Thanks

ECEEssex - Your membrane is performing at around 94% so it’s not great. What you need to remember is - even though you have a low pressure membrane - the optimum pressure range will still be 80 psi plus. At 98% the TDS would be 7ppm so you would save on resin. The only other thing you could consider is adding a water softener to your system - not sure whether it would achieve all that much though!?!?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

ECEEssex - Your membrane is performing at around 94% so it’s not great. What you need to remember is - even though you have a low pressure membrane - the optimum pressure range will still be 80 psi plus. At 98% the TDS would be 7ppm so you would save on resin. The only other thing you could consider is adding a water softener to your system - not sure whether it would achieve all that much though!?!?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

@AGlassAct Thanks for your reply, I was wondering about a water softener myself to be honest il have to call PF and see what they think. 

When I ordered the HF5 I was under the impression it performs better (lower ppm) with lower pressure but I was wrong, I have been informed it will make pure water faster than a HF4. That does explain how it manages to fill my 500litre tank in three hours or just under.

I just used a resin calculator and its looking like il have to change my resin monthly at this rate.  ?

"update" Spoke to PF and they explained that a water softener would mainly extend the life of the RO more than bring the PPM down. 

Regular flushing should keep it below or around the 20. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Axeon 4040, 10”sediment and 10”carbon fiberdyne filters

TDS 390 -/+ from mains 

boosted to 65psi

tds 23 after DI

out of DI at 0

All readings taken directly after new Tulsion MB-115 resin change 

new pre filters and a flush out.

South LINCS.

Ive had the post RO down to about TDS 12 for ages but only seem to be able to get it to low 20’s now (?), baffles me why as I flush regularly and change filters nearly on the the dot.

Axeon HF5 4040

42PSI Not Boosted,

389 PPM IN - 020/022 PPM Out (before di)

Basildon Essex.

Does anyone have any experience with the HF5 4040 here?

I feel like my PPM is a little high considering I am getting 42PSI from my tap, does it seem high to anyone else?

Thanks
I’m running the same as you but using a booster. I did have the PSI religiously set at 80psi and had the TDS down to 12 for ages, but in the last 3/4months it sits about 23 after RO.

when I turn the pressure down the TDS went down post RO, I was under the impression it’d be lower not higher with pressure increased.

the membrane is just a year old.

like you I’m puzzled why it isn’t lower. (My mains is 390-/+)

I’m running the same as you but using a booster. I did have the PSI religiously set at 80psi and had the TDS down to 12 for ages, but in the last 3/4months it sits about 23 after RO.

when I turn the pressure down the TDS went down post RO, I was under the impression it’d be lower not higher with pressure increased.

the membrane is just a year old.

like you I’m puzzled why it isn’t lower. (My mains is 390-/+)

It is a head scratcher isn't it. Especially that you got a lower PPM by lowering your pressure.

I hope I can keep mine around the 20/21 mark until I either move and am forced to by a booster pump or I feel flush one month. 

You're situation worries me though, I wouldn't fancy paying someone like PF 600+Vat to only lower the PPM for a year.

Latest Posts

Back