What Do I Need For A Simple Van System?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by petehughesy, Jun 27, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. petehughesy

petehughesy Active Member

as the title says, i currently use a backpack, have a 400ltr tank in my combo but im looking to get a van system and then hopefully do all my work up and down wfp.
    what are the basics i need to get? also if im going to be using more water is it worth me buying a ro instead of using standard di with resin?

Advertisement
  2. scotty_boy

scotty_boy Active Member

if you have got the tank i would say you need a pump, battery, hose and reel and a flow controller. simples!

3. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

^^ he's right. Have a search Pete, you'll find the answers a few pages or more down.

4. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

think the most basic thing is the van first! lol

tank, tank frame, pump, hose reel, hose, pole, brush, hose connectors, few spare eared 'o' clips, spare hose connectors, battery, controller,

depends what RO you go for, and what your tap water tds is to start with

5. alex1987

alex1987 Member

It really depends on your circumstances whether or not an RO is right for you. You have to work out if you will be using more water, and if so, will it be a significant amount more that an RO would save you a lot of money long term. DI units have the advantage of being flexible and quick, so you have to consider that too. Personally I use a DI and it is much easier for me to fill up (even at customers houses) and I find that the overall cost is negligible. Some people find the RO works for them, but being on a meter and having limited space is another factor. I actually asked the same thing recently, and extreme Damo gave me a comprehensive list of things you will need, if you can hunt down that post.

6. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

being on a meter isnt as bad as people think! im on a water meter and it only costs under £10 for every 1000lts of pure i make with my ro, that includes the waste water.

7. alex1987

alex1987 Member

Oh really? you know that's not half bad is it. I naturally assumed it would be horrendous because of all the water waste. Cost you £24 to buy that from a local supplier. Just goes to show you.

Btw I have been looking at your setup, as I have a similar size van (caddy). I really like your setup. I wish I had your ingenuity to DIY my own van like yours.

8. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

Might cost slightly different in different areas, I'm using an ro that has a ratio of 1:2.

Thanks its not that hard to do,

9. alex1987

alex1987 Member

how long did it take you to do all the installation? I know what I need to buy, and have sourced everything, I'm just not sure enough in myself to install it all properly.

10. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

In total there is about 1 1/2 weeks work in there, I was in no rush to get it done so took my time over it.
    That's the first tip, don't rush it! Lol

Advertisement