Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What do you eat for lunch in this weather?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dave B

Staff member
I’ve recently been eating a lot healthier for lunch at work and it seems to make me fly round quicker than when it was sarnies and crisps
Just made Caribbean pork and red bean stew and half filled 5 tubs
It is pork belly so fatty but a bit of natural animal fat doesn’t hurt at all
Now starting the rice n peas to fill them up
Bit of hot sauce over the top and that’s me sorted for the week
Anyone else make proper meals or just sarnies and pasties etc?

Attachments

• IMG_1917.jpeg
    IMG_1917.jpeg
    57.2 KB · Views: 30
I’m on a one meal a day intermittent fast eating schedule, my breakfast is 7pm. I eat mostly nuts salad and fish. It’s not fun in this weather I feel every breeze and even layering up I struggle to stay warm. Im not doing this for health, I’m pretty fit but I need to lose size to get through a cave that’s notoriously unforgiving so taking the pain now to reduce the chance of getting stuck. cold Weather and fasting isn’t fun whatsoever!
The thought of hearty hot food for lunch is very appealing @Dave B

usually just sarnies, tuna/mayo or egg mayo. Often garnished with a layer of crisps. Our old factory I worked at before windows, the Polish and east europeans couldnt get over how many of us brits used this crisp thing to jazz up our bland sarnies. They found it highly amusing :LOL:

I just have a kiwi for breakfast and that's it until I get home. Have one decent meal in the evening with loads of snacks. Always been like this, if ever someone suggests a lunch / Greggs I just feel tired after eating so early in the day. I have bags of energy if I don't eat any lunch and never feel tired. Have the odd biscuit when the customer makes a brew.

Oatmeal berries and banana blended every morning, and 3 sandwiches, that may vary, but tuna is always included in at least 1 of them. As an emergency,ive learned from a cop, to always keep the glove-compartment full of cheap energydrinks and snacks bought from the local grocerystore, that stuff is hilarious expensive at the gas- station. Got to get those calories in, or i will burn out quickly , especially in the cold season.?

I have tuna mayo sandwiches, sometimes ham and coleslaw, some fruit, sometimes a couple of sticks of celery and a packet of crisps. I also have a bowl of porridge, glass of smoothie, a pain au chocolait washed down with a cup of coffee.

Oatmeal berries and banana blended every morning, and 3 sandwiches, that may vary, but tuna is always included in at least 1 of them. As an emergency,ive learned from a cop, to always keep the glove-compartment full of cheap energydrinks and snacks bought from the local grocerystore, that stuff is hilarious expensive at the gas- station. Got to get those calories in, or i will burn out quickly , especially in the cold season.?
I learnt from watching Mortimer and Whitehouse Gone Fishing always have pocket meat, you might be able to watch it online good program about two mates fishing who have been mates for years both top British comedians

bowl of porridge washed down with pint of smoothie with more oats & load of Greek yoghurt & fruit in it keep me going all day, I try not to drink to much in the day cos Il pi55 like a horse

Pint of tea and a couple of weetabix for breakfast then I take an insulated cup with tea in and about 10 to 15 cocktail sausage rolls - not very healthy but very easy to grab one or two and eat them when driving between jobs. I don't actually stop and have lunch. I quite often have a small snack when I get home as we don't eat our main meal till about 7:30.

Back