Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What do you guys listen to

WCF

Help Support WCF:

For real? Radio broken?

I listen to LBC, love a bit of debating and keeps me up with the news. I lose signal when I head into my local town so I switch to heart or Smooth.... Problem is Heart only has one CD.

If you're in need of a bit of inspiration throughout the week Apple music has a good play list called Beast mode, worth a listen on occasion. 
Yes mate really ?I listen to it in the van more than any other station and at home, I don't listen to anything whilst working but might be tempted to give it a try 

Spotify on my phone, through the handfree that came with the phone. Build a couple playlists for work depending on mood I'm in. Couple of ads every now and again but better than paying a tenner a month

I love talksport as well, but miss mike parry on the breakfast show, he was a right laugh.

No head/earphones for me unless I’m working on my own and use my I pod. My radio as a built in speaker. Having head/earphones on all day would get on my nerves, and certainly cannot be good for your eardrums ?

Ok then folks does any 1 know if there's any smart phones out with a FM radio on.
Nokia used to have it on the older phones.
But all new phones don't seem to have that option!!!!
Any one ? Any ideas?
emoji106.png

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Almost all stations have an app so you can live stream on your phones now.  

Where do you get the podcasts from ??
Heard a few people now saying there’s some good ones out there ....I just don’t know where ?‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

c49f8a78e3ef32dc0932a5c1afcf5ba1.jpg
f394eed7f16af1d626b3952c4d399f25.jpg

App called Radio Uk and a bluetooth speaker that just sits on a charging bay between jobs / overnight. Charge battery pack once a week. Hope that helps mate

Where do you get the podcasts from ??
Heard a few people now saying there’s some good ones out there ....I just don’t know where ?‍♂️

I find my podcasts on an app called  stitcher. It's free you can pay for a premium version but there's so much free I don't think i will ever need it!

For me it depends on the time of the day. Between 9-11 in the morning I listen to BBC WM radio. They talk about interesting topics (most of the time), and they sometimes call me to talk on the radio. Between 12-2pm I listen to BBC radio 2. Jeremy Vine talks about topical/controversial issues. The rest of the time, between or after the shows I listen to either music or audio-books. I have said to people before, I would not be able to do this job if I didn't listen to something.

I always like to listen through my radio/phone speaker.
I Can't do with Chris Evans, switch on for Ken Bruce and coffee with Pop Master. After that Jeremy Vine.
Sometimes I'll listen to Mike Sweeney on BBC radio Manchester.
Every couple of days I'll listen to my downloads on Spotify, and sometimes I don't listen to any thing I like to be at one with my thoughts, Window Cleaning can be quite therapeutic.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I always like to listen through my radio/phone speaker.
I Can't do with Chris Evans, switch on for Ken Bruce and coffee with Pop Master. After that Jeremy Vine.
Sometimes I'll listen to Mike Sweeney on BBC radio Manchester.
Every couple of days I'll listen to my downloads on Spotify, and sometimes I don't listen to any thing I like to be at one with my thoughts, Window Cleaning can be quite therapeutic.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Bit of a marmite character Chris Evans. 

I think his show on a Friday morning is brilliant. Lots of guest and bands playing live.

Agree with you about timing. After pop master, I like to switch to radio London and listen to Robert Elms. Topical talk show from a fella who talks with a smile in his voice ?

For real? Radio broken?
I listen to LBC, love a bit of debating and keeps me up with the news. I lose signal when I head into my local town so I switch to heart or Smooth.... Problem is Heart only has one CD.

If you're in need of a bit of inspiration throughout the week Apple music has a good play list called Beast mode, worth a listen on occasion. 
One CD lol

I don’t like ear phones either, so I play from my phone speaker.

But Music wise when I don’t listen to talksport, for me Eminem is lyrically the most talented artist I’ve ever heard. Not music wise obviously but definitely lyrically. But I can’t listen to his music at a customers house because of his language unfortunately.

So if I’m in a music mood, I also like modern house music as well, it does seem to help me work that little bit quicker. 

I don’t like ear phones either, so I play from my phone speaker.
But Music wise when I don’t listen to talksport, for me Eminem is lyrically the most talented artist I’ve ever heard. Not music wise obviously but definitely lyrically. But I can’t listen to his music at a customers house because of his language unfortunately.
 So if I’m in a music mood, I also like modern house music as well, it does seem to help me work that little bit quicker. 
With My big boy humming that constant low note in the background it will mean headphones or a constant drone ?

I like to pass the day listening to ebooks. My phone reads them out loud to wireless earbuds using the text to speech function but thankfully it sounds a lot more natural than it used to back when it sounded like you were listening to a lecture by Stephen hawkings ?

I'm so used to it that I can't get on with proper human read audio books now!

Going through the Hercule poirot mysteries at the mo.

Occasionally a bit of radio 1 for variety.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those who like audiobooks and radio dramatisations you can access free subscription to ‘borrow box’ all you need to do is go to your phones app store android or Apple and download it and input your library number to set it up, all free forever!

see the photos to get an idea of content and the ones I’ve listened to or have subscribed to for the future when I get round to listening to them.

7F4E6AD0-6361-4C98-96ED-526A2F349919.png

9BBDFDE6-19C9-478D-ABB1-FA71C16E8F22.png

All kinds of entreprenuerial podcasts, like the "Quick talk podcast "with josh latimer that build a massive service Company from Living in trailer delivering pizzas . " window cleaning nation " huge podcast that features all that is relevant for just this business . Always go and listen to stuff i can implement to grow the business ,tried some and it works for me. 

Then there are " Gary vee" "Tony robbins" "and Alex  charfen " Real entreprenuerial gold nuggets for free

Today has been old school jungle all day

Gotta have tunes on when working unless on phone to mates who are doing the same job 

Back