What is your squeegee technique?

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Laz, Apr 23, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Laz

Laz Guest

Just thought of this thread, seems like a good idea and we could all learn from it :)

My Blading (Squeegee) Technique;

Start in the middle at the top, go along the top towards the left and side of the window and then go down the side.

Cut back into the top and the go down the right hand side.

Now I have taken out the top and sides.

Fan all the soap from the centre of the window, I don't need to slow down at the sides because I don't need to go right to the edge as i took them earlier.

It sounds complicated but its really not, It's also really fast and requires hardy any detailing, if any.

Cheers, Laz

Advertisement
  2. nearlyclean

Supplier

Sounds like a good technique,I start in the left hand top corner slide along the top toward the right down the right side back up across the top to the right top and down left side and fan out into the middle to the bottom right side,but this all depends on size of window

3. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Ye I pretty much do what nearlyclean does

4. groundhog

groundhog Guest

Yep sounds like my technique too nearlyclean!!

5. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Sometimes - particularly if it is raining I applicate, then detail the corners before squeegeeing - useful as the cloth doesn't need to be bone dry.

6. i use the same techique as laz i find it quickest

7. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

For larger windows I use the double handed technique - letting the squeegee follow the applicator. Looks harder than it actually is - just focus on the squeegee & the rest will fall into place.

For regular commercial internals I tend to spray some pure water with unger liquid onto the glass - just a mist, and then squeegee straight off. Doesn't get hand prints but you can always buff those off & it saves loads of mopping up.

8. I do not have a technique as I only use the pole.There is only one shop where I do the inside that I use a blade and the windows are massive so technique goes out the window.
    I just tell people I will not use the traditional method and most accept it.
    I suppose it is a lot different for you old hands out there but for us newbies the old days do not exist. Too much like hard work - its the pole or nothing for me.:shy:

9. Whatever works. Sometimes I'll switch hands to keep my brain active. Waterfed Pole seems to be the way to go today. Although..cannnot pole inside a place. Will always use both methods. Using applicator to catch water while squeeging is best way, mostly inside. Can make a mess outside no probs, unless doing shopfronts of course.

10. A.K WINDOWS

i really need to get on the pole amount of houses i cant do round me due to not been able to clean for canopys ect is unreal.

and these winds are taking the p1ss lol

Advertisement