what percentage ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by boarcity, May 18, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. boarcity

boarcity Guest

of new enquiries, what percentage go on to become your customers?

when i first started i got almost 100% [was slightly underpricing but only by a quid or 2 ) and i Really tried hard ,body language,eye contact,joking , the lot

these days 6 yrs later i get about 80% after enquiry take me up and become customers

just wondering what you guys and gals results are

Advertisement
  2. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

its interesting that boarcity must say dont get lot of phone calls for new work the calls I get usually get all the jobs.
    normally all my work is word of mouth dont advertise on my van i,m lucky enough to have all the work I need.
    When I changed to W F P did expect to loose work mainly with folk not liking change.
    Did loose few, but I did pick up loads of work also.

3. cheapncheerful

i am not so fussed as i want some time off for me....got one new one last wed....can you come and give me a price and if its okay you can do them straight away....told her i would get there thursday but i was sidetracked too busy at mo...so she said can you come friday...but i just couldnt too busy...so i texted i could guarantee monday...she texted over the weekend she had managed to get them done but may get me next time...i cant just drop everything to go off chasing odd jobs who may have just got peeved with the local windy cause he left the back gate open....if they want me they will wait...and they will come back....i need to clean my own bloomin windows....:rolleyes:

of course if it was a stately home or something...

4. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

I have about 90 % but I have started to bump up the ones I can sence are one offs

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

5. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

But yes I also make them wait now, shame had a old couple today, made them wait 2 weeks but all cleaned now and they want it done monthly

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

6. TolishAPurd

I rarely get replies to my quotes that I write/email, but when people call I get about 80% of the work. Usually the ones that msg me have messaged ten others, and they are just looking for the cheapest number- which I rarely am. I'm happy loosing the custom of those people.

7. boarcity

boarcity Guest

good to read your replies . somewhere ages ago i read that if you get all the jobs who call ,then you are pricing too cheap and if you dont get 50% you are pricing too high . dunno?

8. TolishAPurd

Sounds about right to me.

Advertisement